5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    The best way is to use the CampaignRegistry which stores variables in a file for access and storage.

So you can do CampaignRegistry.hidetoggle = true;
    This sounds very useful... could we please get an example on how to set and retrieve an option like that?

... I see possibilities like perhaps a GM set Difficulty for Stealth-Rolls etc.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    The best way is to use the CampaignRegistry which stores variables in a file for access and storage.

So you can do CampaignRegistry.hidetoggle = true;
    Can I actually just put "CampaignRegistry.hidetoggle = true;" in the ChatManager script? Or is there something I have to do to declare the variable first? There seems to be no documentation on using the registries. It basically just says that they exist.

My point exactly. Nothing in there as to how to handle them...
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

The registry file is actually only seen by the local client so not sure if it was actually the best example here. Although you could use it still for the GM for the master toggle and create a custom type hander but in this case a DB handler would be better.

The registry works better for local toggles that could vary by player. Responding in the other thread about registries in general.

Ok, I've been trying a different approach to this, because it seems as though there's no way to prevent FG from showing all player rolls in the chat window to every other player. I can hide the total result, but everyone still sees what dice were rolled, and the die results. If I'm wrong about this, please inform me as to how I should go about hiding the actual roll from other players.

Assuming my statements above are correct, what I'd like to know is, is there a way to get another window to utilize the onDiceLanded function? So far, I've only been able to get a response with the onDrop function, and as such, it seems as though I can't get actual die roll results from that.

This is more or less an aesthetic thing, because I could easily just get die types and generate random numbers. But rolling dice and getting real results that are different from the die results kind of destroys the "warm fuzzy" of dice rolling that FG does so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin
    I have also seen a ruleset mod called "The Box" enabling you to have the player roll the dice and only the GM can see it. It is not exactly what you want but the player still makes the roll and the players cannot see the result.
    Anyone have details on this ruleset mod? That is EXACTLY what I want for active skill checks like Perception, etc.

Xorn there's some info here when I posted this same question a couple of days ago:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=8176

I tried the mod and it works great.

Thread Information