5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

New Image Pinning Options

I would like to convey that I... really extremely don't like... the new pinning options for images.

Basically, I have to choose between totally wasting several inches of space at the top of the screen, or not being able to access chat or the sidebar. Both of those options are kind of awful.

Please bring back the pin that goes all the way to the top of the screen but doesn't overwrite chat and the sidebar. <3

The image doesn't go all the way up because there is something going to fill that up coming soon.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Interesting.

Well, limiting my feedback to the full-full screen, then: This mode seems extremely limited in usefulness since you can't access chat or the sidebars at all. Would it be possible to have those windows "pop out" if you mouse over the far left/far right of the screen? Like, not just mouse over chat, since that would defeat the purpose of the image being full screen, but say actually mousing to the farthest left edge of the screen brings up chat and leaves it up until you mouse off of it?

Blog Entries
    Full screen is there for when using the client for a digital table top or display screen. It's not intended for the GM or actual player to use. I do wish the 2nd mode was a bit more adaptive. i.e. if you resize or move the chat window, it becomes near useless.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ah, that makes more sense.

I guess I'm just particularly feeling the loss of vertical space on my maps - a lot of which tend to be taller than they are wide - and trying to find a way to reclaim it to some extent.

I can't comment on the first stage of maximizing as I don't use it, but the fully maximized option with nothing on top of it is ESSENTIAL for running in-person on a tabletop TV.

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    I think we should find some better terminology to describe each stage of maximize because I've noticed most us get overly descriptive every time we talk about the stages of Image size. So I'm gonna call it here first, see if it gets any traction. Obviously we got the Windowed mode, it's a no-brainer and we already kinda use that term I believe. So, beyond that, I say the first step maximize should just be called 'Maximized.' And the second be called 'Full Screen Mode.' Because these are the rules that I just made up. :P

Blog Entries
    I was thinking along the same lines. I don't know what SmiteWorks calls it. I was thinking the first step would be "Background" since it's mostly behind all windows. But Windowed and Full Screen are exactly what I would call the other two.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information