FG Spreadshirt Swag

Reinstallation Questions

So, due to a corruption of my operating system, I had to have my hard drive reformatted and the OS reinstalled. I paid the geek squad at best buy to do it, but impressed upon them the importance of making sure my hd was backed up. They told me the hard drive was indeed backed up, and I did see a lot of stuff back in there after the OS installation, but they said I'd have to reinstall all my software.

so I reinstalled FGU, and now I cant find any of my campaigns. Does reinstalling FGU erase the campaign folder that may have been there before?

Blog Entries
    The data is stored in

%appdata%\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds

It is not a common place that the Geeks would look for data in.
    Hard Disks are cheap - next time this happens have them install the system on a NEW disk and keep the original as is...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ohhh and do seriously consider making backups of all your data - FG and the other stuff too...
    yeah but they said they were backing up the entire hard drive, not just that one folder or what have you, so in theory, they should’ve had everything backed up.

that’s why I was asking if installing the location where stuff was previously saved

Interesting, so I’m not sure what he did precisely then, he said he backed up everything, I don’t see anything backed up in separate drives, I’m beginning to wonder if he didn’t do what he told me to do, I guess I’m gonna have to poke around or perhaps call him tomorrow

Thread Information