DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Sizing

Sizing

So i found out how to make a background (theme) but im having a little issue getting it right. what size graphic do i need to use? Also is there a way you can change the look of the buttons to the right side of the table top?

Blog Entries
    You can almost NEVER use a pretty image as the BACKGROUND. The background uses TILING. Your image needs to be made to work with tiling. If you want to use a pretty image the best way is to use a DECAL. Decals display once and do not tile.

Look at sidebar_dock_entry and sidebar_dock_category in CoreRPG for details on those sidebar buttons.

Blog Entries
    Think of the background being a 3x3 square of images. The middle one has to tile and fit/blend with the 4 images it borders. And those images have to tile vertically or horizontally to scale to different window sizes. Then the corner images have to blend with the 4 edge images...
    And why do they have to tile? Because it not only has to work well on your screen, but on every player's screen at whatever resolution and scaling that person is using.

But, there is a whole toolkit you can look into for making themes; GMW Campaign Toolkit - A Theme Builder for Fantasy Grounds
    I'm not 100% sure it's working right now, but the thread has a ton of info on theme building.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hermit King View Post
    ...what size graphic do i need to use?
    The issue is that everyone will have a different resolution they're using for the FG application - so there's not one size you can use. The background, as mentioned by others, using tiling so that it can fill the background no matter what the resolution. If you have a repeatable pattern, then that can work well for a background. If you have a single image you want on the background then, as mentioned by others, it's best to use a decal - but the size of this on screen will depend on the FG app resolution for each user.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here are some examples of decals I created for one of my games. I run a single large 16:9 screen, so these decals are sized for a resolution of 1920*1080, though you can create images tailored to your screen dimensions.

In order to ensure transparency, make sure you export to either .png or .webp filetypes, as you will otherwise encounter background fill that will likely completely ruin the mood. Additionally, you might want to consider the difference in file size between the larger .png and an indistinguishably similar quality webp image that is a much smaller file.

(all images AI generated and lightly edited by me)

Glassy Gobbo
    Welcoming Party
    Snazzadar

*editted to add hyperlinks, as image upload was non-funtional and attachments were not permitted*
    Last edited by Muagen; February 16th, 2024 at 20:49.

Cool thank you

Ok so i managed the art of decals. i have a lot of them and im willing to share if anyone wants them. i have also made a number of themes i am willing to share those as well.

Blog Entries
    You can get a Forge account and distribute them there as modules and extensions. Please just make sure you own the copyright for distributing any images they may include.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information