5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 13 First 12345 ... Last
    @SilentRuin,
    With the new template layouts, you can more easily insert boxes above/below existing content by using the area_content_framed_groupbox_top/bottom or sub_content_framed_groupbox_top/bottom templates without having to have any knowledge of the specific anchors. The new anchors are set up so that any theme can specify the top/bottom/left/right anchors, and the records will just flow into the space defined.

@bayne7400,
    I think that I was originally trying to preserve the template name for that one earlier on in the development, but I can see how it could be problematic with where everything ended up. Let me reorganize a bit.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks just wondering if there are anymore out there

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    My tool here https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/358/view may assist with easing investigations. If it doesn't then just return it.

Jason
    Needs an update, throwing errors. Button 2 doesn't work.

Blog Entries
    June

Code:
     Debug.console("sub_ref_header - DEPRECATED - 2023-06-27 - Use sub_record_header template instead");
    Today

Code:
    Debug.console("sub_record_header - DEPRECATED - 2024-03-05");

Yes, that's correct. The sub_ref_header was purely another name for sub_record_header; which is why it was retired last year. With the changes to the header with this more recent code, it has all been written to provide standardized headers for all windows, so the sub_record_header template is now retired. This is part of the exact scenario that @bayne7400 pointed out earlier as an ongoing issue when making changes.

Remember, you can always copy these templates into your ruleset and remove the warning. The issue is that they are being deprecated in order to support longer term improvements to the features and theming of windows; so you wouldn't get those changes.

Regards,
    JPG

@bayne7400,
    Pushing updates now that put string_record_name back to original template, with Debug.console warning for long-term deprecation. The new template was renamed to "string_record_header_name".

Regards,
    JPG

Some feedback on Images/Maps:

• Map controls are way better
    • In 2D view, the new Zoom In / Zoom Out buttons seem inverted. Scroll Wheel Up = Down Arrow = Zoom In. Scroll Wheel Down = Up Arrow = Zoom Out. This might just be personal preference.
    • Lock Icon movement - the lock icon on images moved from the right to the left. The downside to this is that generally when you're unlocking an image you're going to interact with the image side panel, which is now across the window from the lock button, which is far on a wide monitor.
    • Toolbar buttons look better.
    • If you maximize an image, the Lock Icon moves back over to the right. I preferred this placement, but I never maximize map windows.
    • I like how the toolbar and menu bar combined when maximizing an image.
    • With an image maximized, it seems like there's plenty of space in the toolbar that it could show the map name as well.
    • With a map in the normal "windowed" mode, there's a lot of blank space to the right of the map name and to the left of the toolbar buttons. Seems like they could potentially be combined into one row, and then only if they don't all fit in one row split the toolbar down into a second row. Edit: Maybe not, I just realized if shows the "Unidentified" map name if there is one.
    • New Identify Button - the only way to see the unidentified name of the map is to unlock the image, before it showed both. EDIT: nevermind, it shows the "unidentified" name if one is set.
    • New identify button doesn't seem to work, player continues to see the name even if set to unidentified.
    • If you unlock an image, the old Identify button (Red Circle ID) is not synced with the new Identify button. The old button doesn't seem to do anything.
    • Clicking the "Share" button in the menu bar doesn't pop the image up on the client. Right Click share does.
    • Map ping is great!
    • Player client map ping wasn't working for me. Player client could see GM pings.
    • View Mode button: Tool tip always says "View Mode - Camera". Is this tool tip text supposed to change when the view changes?
    • 3D mode: I put 2 PCs on the map and 1 dragon. On the player client, went into 3D mode, player can see their selected avatar but not the other PC or the dragon. When I turned off LoS and Lighting they became visible. In 2D mode the player could see both other tokens.
    • 3D mode: you can draw on the map (with the drawing tool), but the drawing doesn't appear in 3D mode, it just disappears but it's visible in 2D mode.
    • 3D mode: if you put a map into 3D view, then focus another window (e.g. story), then resize the map, it scales the map until you click on the image window again, at which point it's redrawn correctly.
    • NPC: Sharing the artwork directly from the NPC is a nice addition. One thing that's missing is that there's no way to have it unidentified. I often share the NPC art without identifying it, by sharing the image usually linked on the "Other" tab.
    Last edited by Ecks; February 16th, 2024 at 03:01.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Some feedback on Images/Maps:

• Map controls are way better
    • In 2D view, the new Zoom In / Zoom Out buttons seem inverted. Scroll Wheel Up = Down Arrow = Zoom In. Scroll Wheel Down = Up Arrow = Zoom Out. This might just be personal preference.
    • Lock Icon movement - the lock icon on images moved from the right to the left. The downside to this is that generally when you're unlocking an image you're going to interact with the image side panel, which is now across the window from the lock button, which is far on a wide monitor.
    • Toolbar buttons look better.
    • If you maximize an image, the Lock Icon moves back over to the right. I preferred this placement, but I never maximize map windows.
    • I like how the toolbar and menu bar combined when maximizing an image.
    • With an image maximized, it seems like there's plenty of space in the toolbar that it could show the map name as well.
    • With a map in the normal "windowed" mode, there's a lot of blank space to the right of the map name and to the left of the toolbar buttons. Seems like they could potentially be combined into one row, and then only if they don't all fit in one row split the toolbar down into a second row.
    • New Identify Button - the only way to see the unidentified name of the map is to unlock the image, before it showed both.
    • If you unlock an image, the old Identify button (Red Circle ID) is not synced with the new Identify button. The old button doesn't seem to do anything.
    • Clicking the "Share" button in the menu bar doesn't pop the image up on the client. Right Click share does.
    • Map ping is great!
    • Player client map ping wasn't working for me. Player client could see GM pings.
    • View Mode button: Tool tip always says "View Mode - Camera". Is this tool tip text supposed to change when the view changes?
    • 3D mode: I put 2 PCs on the map and 1 dragon. On the player client, went into 3D mode, player can see their selected avatar but not the other PC or the dragon. When I turned off LoS and Lighting they became visible. In 2D mode the player could see both other tokens.
    • 3D mode: you can draw on the map (with the drawing tool), but the drawing doesn't appear in 3D mode, it just disappears but it's visible in 2D mode.
    • 3D mode: if you put a map into 3D view, then focus another window (e.g. story), then resize the map, it scales the map until you click on the image window again, at which point it's redrawn correctly.
    • NPC: Sharing the artwork directly from the NPC is a nice addition. One thing that's missing is that there's no way to have it unidentified. I often share the NPC art without identifying it, by sharing the image usually linked on the "Other" tab.
    Player ping is disabled if player drawing is locked. This could be why your player ping isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Player ping is disabled if player drawing is locked. This could be why your player ping isn't working.
    Thanks, I didn't realize that was a thing, it works with it unlocked. It looks like the drawing layer is locked by default for maps from adventure modules (at least Rime of the Frostmaiden and Journeys through the Radiant Citadel). Is the only way to unlock the drawing layer via Right Click menu? It would be nice if the default was to have the drawing layer unlocked for adventure maps.

PC > Picture and Tokens: If you lock the record and delete the Token (either Flat or Camera), the button to re-add the token is missing and dragging from assets doesn't work. Unlocking does not fix it. Closing and re-opening Picture and Tokens brings the add button back. Similarly, you can lock the record and add tokens still. Not sure what "Share" does for this window (only visible on GM client).

Thread Information