DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 13 First 123412 ... Last
    Some initial feedback after poking around a bit:

Books:
    • Great change showing the title of the book for the heading of a Reference Manual window. Though, the ampersand in D&D looks strange in this font.
    • Why have the "Books" button be hidden under Story instead of on the sidebar? Seems like it would make sense to have a dedicated button under Library, and it's one fewer click and one less window to open.
    • Clicking "Books" then "Campaign" doesn't seem to be working to open the local reference manual, at least in 5E.
    • If you have the Books window open and then load a module, it doesn't refresh until you close and re-open it. The Story window does refresh.
    • Reference Manual Forward/Back buttons are throwing an error (with D&D Rime of the Frostmaiden anyways)

Story:
    • I like that this shows the pages from books.
    • I don't think the alphabetical sort makes much sense. Especially with adventures that have lots of pages with the same name (e.g. D&D RotF). I think the default ordering matching the book order would be more useful. Maybe there's use in having a sort button to toggle between book/alphabetical order.
    • The star icon indicating Advanced vs Basic story entries threw me off - I thought it would allow marking certain entries as "favorites" based on the icon.
    • Deleting an Advanced Story Entry from a read only source (e.g. D&D PHB) deletes the page in the Read Only Reference Manual.

Toolbar:
    • On an advanced story entry from the D&D Player's Handbook, the "Revert" button (Book icon) tooltip shows the name of the book. With this icon/tooltip I expected clicking this would open the corresponding Book/Refman to the same page. Instead, it appears to do nothing. When I shared the record it then changed to say it was "Modified" and the icon changed and clicking it brought up a revert dialog. Only then did I realize it was a revert button. I think this was a bit unintuitive. Maybe change the tooltip to say "Revert", and maybe disable the button if there's nothing to revert.
    • The PHB is read only, but sharing a record from the toolbar marks it as modified, doesn't seem like it should.
    • On the Revert button, I like that it has a confirmation prompt before reverting. One possible enhancement would be to add a shortcut to bypass the confirmation prompt (e.g. Shift + Click = no prompt).
    • A button to open the page in the Reference Manual (with the navigation pane expanded to the page) might be nice to have.

Misc:
    • In a new campaign, the Campaign Setup window doesn't have an X to close it. You either have to hit Next and go through this or right click to close it.
    • If you create a new Basic or Advanced Story Entry in the group of a Book (e.g. D&D Rime of the Frostmaiden), it lags really bad when typing the title of the story. After this, unloading the module locks up Fantasy Grounds for ~10 seconds.

My tool here https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/358/view may assist with easing investigations. If it doesn't then just return it.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Jiminimonka,
    Just pushed update for Rifts Frameworks. Please update and try again...
    Fixed

@SilentRuin,
    I wasn't able to recreate on a Phandelver map, so I'm thinking there might be something specific with that map setup. Is that a map in an existing product in the store that we can grab easily; or can you zip up and send your campaign folder with that map/setup?

@SilentRuin,
    All individual records are rewritten to make them more standardized at the top level, including parcels, images, stories and more. (except character sheet, which will come later.) If you merge or replace an existing record sheet for any built-in record types (npc, encounter, item, parcel, story, etc.), make sure to review the latest implementations. Almost everything has been stubbed out to a subwindow for easier layout.

@Ecks,
    Thanks for your list. It will take me a bit to look through, and see what I can do.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Video #2: Floating and Flying Creatures

Blog Entries
    I probably should have changed the campaign settings to Map Diagonal Distance = Raw for the height demo.

This is looking fantastic!

Any chance we'll be able to import our own skyboxes for the backgrounds in first-person camera mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @SilentRuin,
    I wasn't able to recreate on a Phandelver map, so I'm thinking there might be something specific with that map setup. Is that a map in an existing product in the store that we can grab easily; or can you zip up and send your campaign folder with that map/setup?

@SilentRuin,
    All individual records are rewritten to make them more standardized at the top level, including parcels, images, stories and more. (except character sheet, which will come later.) If you merge or replace an existing record sheet for any built-in record types (npc, encounter, item, parcel, story, etc.), make sure to review the latest implementations. Almost everything has been stubbed out to a subwindow for easier layout.

Regards,
    JPG
    Sent zipped campaign to your discord as I can't post files here for some reason - forum has been finicky about allowing that of late.

When you guys redo UIs with no easy way or directions to insert headers for list fields or new data in frames on different lines all buried in templates (worst misdirection possible as you have to look up embed after embed just to see how to fit in) then it adds many hours of work to deconstruct it all and piece back together what we have added. Adding things into forms should not be this hard - but it seems to get harder every time as you design them without any thought of how someone will add things into other areas of form outside of what you thought should be done. I've spent an inordinate amount of time to get my data back in parcels and I've had to kludge the anchors by trial and error to get things to line up properly. I'm still not done with it as anchors are the worst in this environment especially as they are are buried in template after template with no clear way to jump in without deconstructing it all - which takes to much time. All this work - I get nothing - just back to where I was.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    This is looking fantastic!

Any chance we'll be able to import our own skyboxes for the backgrounds in first-person camera mode?
    Skyboxes are on our list of features we would like to review and hopefully add.

Did you guys intentionally change this template instead of deprecating it and making a new one?

string_record_name

I spent some serious time fumbling with this only to realize the template changed.

Thread Information