5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: please help!

please help!

according to this https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...f-My-Campaign?
    when backing up my campaign i only need to back up C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\campaigns

so i did that and when i restore my campaign folder there is nothing, fgu sees the campaign and i can load it fine, but there is no PC's none of my monsters or story entries or items are there... its just a "blank" campaign, did i just loose 5 years worth of homebrew stuff ?

When you click on the file folder button, does it take you to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\campaigns?
    Did you reinstall FGU?
    Are you sure your campaign folder was always C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\campaigns?
    It may have been changed if you did a reinstall.

I suspect that you have a problem in the campaign and the backup is the same as the campaign files. Have a look at this article which should help you restore your campaign to an earlier save https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+Earlier+Save
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    When you click on the file folder button, does it take you to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\campaigns?
    yes, it does.

Did you reinstall FGU?
    yes i did.

Are you sure your campaign folder was always C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fanta sy Grounds\campaigns?
    yes has always been the default location

It may have been changed if you did a reinstall.
    it did not change.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I suspect that you have a problem in the campaign and the backup is the same as the campaign files. Have a look at this article which should help you restore your campaign to an earlier save https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+Earlier+Save
    ill give it a try, and report back

I'm getting the following error after renaming one of the saved sessions to db.xml, it also changes the file size of that file to 7kb when closing down FGU

FGU campaign error.png

Blog Entries
    That session.db is corrupt. Try a different one.
    By chance, is your FG Data directly sync'd or shared by something like a network folder or a cloud backed up location (One Drive, Google Drive, etc)?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That session.db is corrupt. Try a different one.
    By chance, is your FG Data directly sync'd or shared by something like a network folder or a cloud backed up location (One Drive, Google Drive, etc)?
    Nope not directly synced, installed in the default locations suggested by the installer, and its not connected to a cloud solution either, guess ill just try another DB.session file hopefully they are not all corrupt

Screenshot_1.png

if i open up those db.session xml files in notepad++ they all just repeat NULL a bunch of times in the first line ... i recon thats pretty much a death sentence for my campaign.
    Last edited by Skie; February 13th, 2024 at 10:11.

Thread Information