5E Character Create Playlist

Negative hit points on CT?

Does anyone know of an EXT that will allow negative hit points on the combat tracker? and if not, is it even possible to address in an extension? This is in 5e ruleset.
    Thanks for any input
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

I'm not aware of any extension but you can manually input negative hit points into the HP filed against any character on the CT. However any damage to that character instantly kills them. What's your use case?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus,
    I'm primarily looking to use this for NPC's. Our homebrew game uses a bit different mechanic for undeads, the NPC needs to have damage at negative hit points to be totally dead otherwise the "Undead Fortitude" is in play. So, a zombie with 12 HP would need to sustain 24 points of damage to be "truly dead". Currently I need to track any damage below 0 manually, (kinda sucks on multiple NPC's). Currently, the chat window does show when "excess damage" occurs, so there is a logic in place. IMO, It's just a matter of porting that info back to the CT. Could be wrong. In our games, undeads are nasty, lol.

Thanks again
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

Blog Entries
    You can make an extension to do this. I don't know of any current extensions that would do this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LordEntrails, the question is... where to start? I'm assuming that I need to address the CT in the 5e ruleset, I'm just not sure what., I'll pick it apart later this evening and see what I find, then I need to figure out the logical expression.

Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure D&D Classic does negative HP on the CT. I would look at unpacking that. A challenge you will face is separating NPC from PC HP. Or maybe. I don't know if they are already handled differently on the CT. Are you familiar with writing extensions? If not, Damned has several series of videos on YouTube. Others do (I think) as well. Plus their is the developer guide as part of the wiki. I
    m barely a coding hack so I wouldn't want to try to give you too much advice, other than start simple!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks LordEntrails,
    I've only created a couple of really simple extensions. I'll check D&D Classic and compare it with the 5e ruleset. At this point, I'm not sure which file(s) to look in. It sort of doesn't matter whether it's a PC or NPC Although it might be nice to target a "creature type" i.e. undead, etc.

Thanks for the pointers

There are multiple places you would need to address this. (CT field limits; Damage action calculations; CT status values; CT deletion trigger) There may be others that you uncover as you go.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, I found the /CT folder. I'll investigate the other branches that were mentioned as I go along. It may take a while, lol.

Thread Information