DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Attacks hitting when they should not?

This is going to be hard to diagnose as it was in the middle of a session and I could not test or investigate much. It is also very possible that it's not a problem with FG but some set up/effect going on which I missed.

PF1 ruleset, at some point during the session attacks toward an NPC (Erylium of RotRL for that matter) from my players were hitting even if they should not have. Erylium did not have any effect on her, and it seemed that every attack was hitting - surely from more than one character. I think attacks to other NPCs were working fine. It almost looked as Erylium AC was not taken into account at all. Her AC worked fine during other sessions, I have tried now and it is working fine.

It was during a session and I decided to just keep playing - Erylium was trying to escape anyway, and still managed. But just wondering if this is a known problem (or maybe something I messed up without realising) and what would cause it?

Blog Entries
    You can review the chatlog.html in the campaign folder after the fact to see what was going on. You can upload it here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    You can review the chatlog.html in the campaign folder after the fact to see what was going on. You can upload it here as well.
    Not sure how to upload files here so here is a dropbox link.
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/f90qq...yivm2gjey&dl=0
    It is just that particular session and I have added a big HERE at the relevant point, towards the end. Indeed it looks like no AC was considered as for example

Alcadif Feyson (Fede): [ATTACK (M)] Starknife [MOD:WIS] [EFFECTS +1] [d20+6 = 15]
    Attack (M) (Starknife) [15] -> [at Erylium] [HIT] [BY 15+]

should have missed an AC of 19, instead registers as hit by 15+. As far as I am aware I had not modified Erylium statbloc, which has an AC of 19. Touch 17, flat-footed 14, really nothing which could justify a hit by 15+ when rolling a 15.

Maybe an unrelated problem, but I see that the file
    moduledb/Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1 Burnt Offerings.xml
    is getting a lots of those weird lines
    <id-00017>
    <bonus type="number">0</bonus>
    <dice type="dice"></dice>
    <dicestatmax type="number">0</dicestatmax>
    <statmax type="number">0</statmax>
    </id-00017>
    with various ids. That's a problem per se, which already happened and I had reported, but could it somehow have set Erylium AC to 0?

In fact, here is a link to moduledb/Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1 Burnt Offerings.xml too as the file looks quite messed up

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/bxprx...85p9t3h4l&dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by snupy View Post
    It is just that particular session and I have added a big HERE at the relevant point, towards the end. Indeed it looks like no AC was considered as for example

Alcadif Feyson (Fede): [ATTACK (M)] Starknife [MOD:WIS] [EFFECTS +1] [d20+6 = 15]
    Attack (M) (Starknife) [15] -> [at Erylium] [HIT] [BY 15+]

should have missed an AC of 19, instead registers as hit by 15+. As far as I am aware I had not modified Erylium statbloc, which has an AC of 19. Touch 17, flat-footed 14, really nothing which could justify a hit by 15+ when rolling a 15.
    Try removing the extension that's reporting the [BY 15+] - this extension may be contributing to the issue.

Maybe an unrelated problem, but I see that the file
    moduledb/Rise of the Runelords Chapter 1 Burnt Offerings.xml
    is getting a lots of those weird lines
    <id-00017>
    <bonus type="number">0</bonus>
    <dice type="dice"></dice>
    <dicestatmax type="number">0</dicestatmax>
    <statmax type="number">0</statmax>
    </id-00017>
    with various ids. That's a problem per se, which already happened and I had reported, but could it somehow have set Erylium AC to 0?
    Known issue - details here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-dmg-dice-quot
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would suspect one of the 30? extensions you are using - or possibly a conflict between one or more of them. I suspect also the moduledb is the size that it is due to one or more of the extensions adding things to many different items. It may also be adding things to NPCs as well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks to both, I am aware of the thread Trenloe linked, but I was more wondering if those added lines could somehow set an npc AC to zero of if that can be excluded.

Sure, some extension may be causing the problem and I will try deactivating some of them, in particular I think the one reporting by 15+ is hit margins, but I have been using the same set of extensions for a while and it's the first time I have had this problem - I also could not reproduce it today when I tried.

As noted in the thread linked by Trenloe, the problem about extra lines seems to happen even with no extensions, so if it is causing the zero AC thing it would spare me going on a hunt for extensions.

I already had the problem about extra lines in a module file once, during the same campaign
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Linked-module
    although for some reasons the affected module was a different one.

As noted in the thread linked by Trenloe, the problem about extra lines seems to happen even with no extensions, so if it is causing the zero AC thing it would spare me going on a hunt for extensions.
    That specific issue linked is adding blank damage entries to NPCs. That shouldn't affect the NPC's AC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information