5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

CI Tool to Release to FG Forge

Hi everyone,
    I've built out some automation you can use to release builds to the FG Forge. It's a python module you can use upload and release a build without having to deal with the Forge UI.
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-Forge-Updater
    If you want to see how I'm using it with GitHub actions:
    https://github.com/bmos/fg-workflows...te-release.yml
    In short, it works like this:
    1. Make changes to the source code of an extension
    2. Commit the changes to github along with version number changes, readme updates, etc
    3. Tag the commit as "v1.0" or anything starting with a lowercase v
    4. The workflow will automatically package it into an ext or mod file, upload it to the forge, set the latest build to live channel, and update the forge description to match the readme.md included in the build file.
    Last edited by bmos; February 8th, 2024 at 02:01.

Blog Entries
    Nice. Thanks for sharing (not that I need it, but love to see pipeline/deployment automation.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@bmos as a devops engineer "by day", this is awesome stuff.

great use of github actions to compile and deploy the resulting extensions.

would this bypass the usual "build queued for processing" that seems to happen via the Forge UI ?

for reasons unclear to me, since 12-Dec-2023 all my uploads fail to show up in forge ... so im considering testing your method to see if it works any better.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtwhy View Post
    @bmos as a devops engineer "by day", this is awesome stuff.

great use of github actions to compile and deploy the resulting extensions.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sgtwhy View Post
    would this bypass the usual "build queued for processing" that seems to happen via the Forge UI ?

for reasons unclear to me, since 12-Dec-2023 all my uploads fail to show up in forge ... so im considering testing your method to see if it works any better.
    Unfortunately not, it will probably throw an error after it uploads your build since the build ID will not be available yet for selection.
    I should probably add a flag to just upload without setting the channel...

With your issue, you should open the Inspector while uploading your build. You might be able to learn something about it. Does the upload success toast message appear?

more details ... I'm trying to upload builds for a new extension (see attached)

I thought it might be related to creating a new item, requiring review / approval.

Screenshot 2024-02-17 175312.png

But I uploaded a build last night and the "pending processing" went away ... but it does not show up "Build Management".
    That's after a fresh boot and multiple browser refreshes ... still not showing up.

So, thinking maybe it was a server upload issue ... I went and tested my existing extension.
    ... it immediately went from processing to "successful". (so, was much faster although 3x the file size)

But checking afterwards, the "Build Management" still only shows the previous updates from 2023 and not the new uploads.
    (see second screen shot)
    Screenshot 2024-02-17 175930.png

either I did something to my local copy of the extensions that being rejected (although no errors seen) ... or maybe there is an issue with the server or something, since none of the 2024 uploads are showing up.
    Last edited by sgtwhy; February 18th, 2024 at 02:15. Reason: clarity

Rumblings in the dev community is the forge is currently broken

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Rumblings in the dev community is the forge is currently broken
    Ah! my gut kept saying this feels like a "server out of storage" issue

Blog Entries
    Signs that T.R.E.N.L.O.E. AI is about to take over the world!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I released v1.0.7 which also allows generation of a cumulative users graph which it adds to the release notes.
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-Forge-Upd...ses/tag/v1.0.7
    Example:
    https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Dev.../tag/v2.6-rc.1

Thread Information