STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: ETU extensions

After much testing.....
    The ETU: Settings and the ETU: Theme make no difference when loaded at startup.
    I don't see that they interfere with any other theme that is loaded at the same time.
    So far there is no reason to load either.
    All the game information is located in the modules you load at the start.
    I select Savage Worlds Deluxe as my ruleset and upon loading it loads both SWD and SWADE, so I'm not messing with it.

Although not a fan of the Wild West setting, the Deadlands reloaded theme is useable.

As always thanks for the help

mindfungus
    Last edited by mindfungus; March 26th, 2024 at 21:12.
    many a butt await my boot print

In general, this setting/theme set is fairly light in what it changes, and seems to focus primarily on character sheet and Ritual magic. I'm not the DLC developer for this product, but I can see the code.

For the Theme, it appears to make these changes:
    * Update character sheet frame
    * Update default benny graphic
    * Add power ritual indicator

For the Setting, it appears to make these changes:
    * Adds Ritual magic type
    * Adds Academic derived stat
    * Adds Major and removes Race from the front of character sheet
    * Adds Background and Extracurricular Activities fields to notes tab of character sheet

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by mindfungus View Post
    The ETU: Settings and the ETU: Theme make no difference when loaded at startup.
    So far there is no reason to load either.
    For Savage Worlds, "Settings" provide specific rule changes from the Save Setting in question. Themes provide a graphical change. Moon Wizard has given specifics for each. I'd recommend you load the ETU Setting extension.

Quote Originally Posted by mindfungus View Post
    I select Savage Worlds Deluxe as my ruleset and upon loading it loads both SWD and SWADE, so I'm not messing with it.
    Yep, don't mess with it - as mentioned previously, that's how the Deluxe ruleset works.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 27th, 2024 at 00:05.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It appears that the missing items from the Themes are not that big of an issue.
    I will load the Setting as those are needed changes.
    I never had a chance to use FG Classic so I don't know the differences between the two when looking at products.
    Thank you for looking into the files for me. It would have taken me forever to learn that.

mindfugus
    many a butt await my boot print

Thread Information