DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Character Sheet Special Defenses

Hello fine people!

My question is, what is the character sheet's Special Defenses field used for? I have characters that have poison immunity or poison resistance from their race, and I know how to get those immunities to the combat tracker from the Action tab, but is it possible to "hard code" those defenses to the Special Defenses field so that they are always in effect even if the combat tracker status effects are cleared?

If the Special Defenses field is not used for such purpose, what is it for and how is it used? (For some reason, the atlassian guide doesn't give me matching results when searching "special defenses")

-----------------

Bonus question: Why doesn't the 5E Monk class automatically use higher of STR or DEX when adding weapons, such as a spear, but defaults to STR and it has to be changed manually to DEX for each weapon?

There's nothing currently in the 5e rules for Special Defences. I think this may be a legacy of the rules which came out as test rules before the official rules came out, and the character sheet was just left as it is. (There's no special moves either that I can think of). You can't use this field for resistances or immunities.

I'm not sure about your bonus question. I have it in mind that the monk did use Dex or Str for monk weapons but I'm not sure. It could be a bug, or it may be that is something which just hasn't been automated.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There's nothing currently in the 5e rules for Special Defences. I think this may be a legacy of the rules which came out as test rules before the official rules came out, and the character sheet was just left as it is. (There's no special moves either that I can think of). You can't use this field for resistances or immunities.

I'm not sure about your bonus question. I have it in mind that the monk did use Dex or Str for monk weapons but I'm not sure. It could be a bug, or it may be that is something which just hasn't been automated.
    Hi, and thanks for the response! Alright, I'll just be using the actions tab to automate immunities and resistances, then.

As for the Special Move field, my understanding has been that it's used for fly, climb, or swim speed if your character has one.

Thread Information