5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Arcane Trickster in Dragon Queen Campaign

Hi there. We are playing the shadow of the dragon queen campaign. I'm trying to level up a rogue from lvl 2 to 3. Specifically, when selecting an archetype and selecting dragon queen as the source, it only displays Thief. Is Arcane Trickster (and Assassin) somehow prohibited from this campaign? Or is this an artifact of how FGU works when selecting feats, etc upon level-up?

Do you have any modules open which offer the Arcane Trickster archetype, such as the Player's Handbook?
    If a module with that option is not open, then the option won't appear.

Regards,
    JPG

Hmm. I believe the PHB was loaded. The DM is interpreting the fact that only Thief is displayed as meaning (possibly) it's the only option available for that campaign setting.

When you select a source then you'll only see the data from that specific source. The GM controls what is available to the players and the GM should make certain library modules available to the players and the players should activate those modules. When accessing data, e.g. this specific example of archetypes, don't use a category filter and you'll see all of the options that the GM has made available to the players.

Refer to this page in the FG Wiki user guide: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...vating+Modules
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you are only seeing the Thief archetype then I suspect that either you have only opened the SRDData module - or your DM has only made that module available. The Player's Handbook contains both the Thief and the Arcane Trickster archetypes as well as one other.

So if you click on Modules you should see what books you have open down the left hand side. If you don't see the Player's Handbook there then click on the activation button at the bottom of the window and search through the window that opens. If you find the Players Handbook then click on the Load button and it will then be available to you. If you don't see the Player's Handbook then either the DM doesn't own it or they have not made it available to the players.

There is no restriction - at all - in any adventure on what character classes or archetypes are available. That's a decision which is always left to the DM.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information