5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FG Unity NPC importing issues with Innate Spells and Spells.

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for some help, importing spells and Innate Spells into an NPC. I can't seem to get the syntax right to have the parsed text entered in the proper "Innate Spells" and "Spells" field. it keeps getting added to the traits or Actions.

Does someone have a template for importing an NPC which would contain the Innate Spells and Spells, that I could use as a baseline?

Regards
    Rockmaster.

Blog Entries
    5E Effects for Advanced Automation - Fantasy Grounds Customer Portal - Confluence (atlassian.net)

Note that their are 2 formats for Spellcasting and one for Innate Spellcasting. You can use either of the Spellcasting formats.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The best case is to use examples from the 5E SRD. I've included a couple simple examples here, and you can get more from the SRD.

Example (Couatl - Trait - Innate Spellcasting):
    Code:
    The couatl's spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 14). It can innately cast the following spells, requiring only verbal components:
    At will: detect evil and good, detect magic, detect thoughts
    3/day each: bless, create food and water, cure wounds, lesser restoration, protection from poison, sanctuary, shield
    1/day each: dream, greater restoration, scrying
    Example (Acolyte - Trait - Spellcasting)
    Code:
    The acolyte is a 1st-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The acolyte has following cleric spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): light, sacred flame, thaumaturgy
    1st level (3 slots): bless, cure wounds, sanctuary
    Regards,
    JPG

There's also details in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...llcasting-NPCs
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Since you mention importing see video thirty seven here about using the NPC importer https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-do-I-in-Unity
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

yeah, i have been using the wiki and my text seems correct but the spell stuff doesn't get parsed properly. here is the text i am using.
    Attached Files Attached Files

important note: I just saw.. in all cases spells will only populate if the modules which contain the spells are open in the campaign.
    I have to check that.. let you know.

You have used the wording for the traits Spellcasting and Innate Spellcasting in the actions section of the NPC. If you move both into the traits section then they should work; you can also just move the Innate Spellcasting into Traits and reword the spellcasting in the actions section - see the wiki article and make sure you understand that spellcasting can now be an action or a trait. You cannot have both spellcasting and innate spellcasting as an action (you can only have spellcasting in actions - but worded differently for the two types). Since the wording you have used is for traits I'd recommend that you just move both into the traits section as shown in my graphic.

The wording used for spellcasting in Actions is different as shown in the wiki here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ing-As-Actions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You have used the wording for the traits Spellcasting and Innate Spellcasting in the actions section of the NPC. If you move both into the traits section then they should work; you can also just move the Innate Spellcasting into Traits and reword the spellcasting in the actions section - see the wiki article and make sure you understand that spellcasting can now be an action or a trait. You cannot have both spellcasting and innate spellcasting as an action (you can only have spellcasting in actions - but worded differently for the two types). Since the wording you have used is for traits I'd recommend that you just move both into the traits section as shown in my graphic.

The wording used for spellcasting in Actions is different as shown in the wiki here https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ing-As-Actions
    This worked!!! thank you.

Thread Information