DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Question about sidebar and hotkeys

I use multiple monitors, not all of them are the same size.
    This causes problems if I strech the window over two monitors with different sizes. I don't mind the window being larger than the smaller monitor. I still gain space within FG.
    What I have problems with is that the sidebar is forced to be on a smaller window because of monitor placement. It goes off the bottom of the screen if all of the are expanded.
    The other problem is that the hotkeys are on the bottom, and so I can't see or interact with the hotkeys that are off the larger screen.
    What I'd like to know is how difficult would it be to create an extension that would allow for undocking of the sidebar and undocking and resizing of the (width) of the hotkeys?

rjm

Blog Entries
    Impossible. Extensions do not have the ability to take windows or graphic components outside of the main application window. (It's an architectural issue with Unity. Big discussion, lots of caveats.)

You will need to size your FG window to the height of the smaller monitor or get a graphics card that has a driver that can run the monitors at different resolutions so that they appear to be a single monitor with compatible resolutions. You might be able to do this yourself by lowering the resolution of your larger monitor.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Impossible. Extensions do not have the ability to take windows or graphic components outside of the main application window. (It's an architectural issue with Unity. Big discussion, lots of caveats.)

You will need to size your FG window to the height of the smaller monitor or get a graphics card that has a driver that can run the monitors at different resolutions so that they appear to be a single monitor with compatible resolutions. You might be able to do this yourself by lowering the resolution of your larger monitor.
    I'm not talking about taking it outside the application window. I said stretch the main window over multiple monitors.
    I just want to be able to resize and reposition them within the main application window.

Blog Entries
    Sure, you can look at the Better Menus and the FG Tabber extensions. I believe both of them do similar things.
    Last edited by LordEntrails; December 29th, 2023 at 17:36.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

All that any extension would be able to do is change where the items are anchored (top, left, bottom, right). By default, the hot keys are anchored to the bottom and the sidebar on the right. While there are no mechanisms to change those in the default coding, extensions could be written to change those things around (but those would have to be written and maintained by community).

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, Better Menu's did what I was looking for. In a different way than what I was thinking, but that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    All that any extension would be able to do is change where the items are anchored (top, left, bottom, right). By default, the hot keys are anchored to the bottom and the sidebar on the right. While there are no mechanisms to change those in the default coding, extensions could be written to change those things around (but those would have to be written and maintained by community).

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, I still need to figure out how to get the hotkey bar to resize to fit one monitor instead of all of them.
    I'll go digging into corerpg to see where that is and what might be needed to do this.

There is no mechanism to do this. The hot key bar will always stretch across the bottom of the window. I looked at the coding, and it's hardcoded to always be at the bottom (but vertical height of bar can be customized).

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There is no mechanism to do this. The hot key bar will always stretch across the bottom of the window. I looked at the coding, and it's hardcoded to always be at the bottom (but vertical height of bar can be customized).

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for looking. That answers that question. I'll just have to live with it being off screen until I get the other monitors upgraded.

Thread Information