DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Map zoom level since the option to save window locations

This question might be better placed in the bug thread, if so then please move it.

Since the latest update where we can save open windows, I as a player have noticed that if the DM and I have the same map open with different zoom levels (Mine: Full Extent, DM: Zoomed to specific location) that the next time I open the map mine will be at the same zoom level as the DM.

Closing and rejoining the campaign doesn't fix the issue.

Is this intended or a bug?

It's part of the FGU Client original sharing code to ensure that players are looking at the same view of as the GM when a window is shared. We'll have to put this on our list to review when we get a chance. If it was just a few lines of code I could insert/remove, I would queue it up right now; but it will require some thought and reorganization to only enable when GM sharing.

Regards,
    JPG

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    For what is worth, I actually take advantage of this when I share images to players. So that their initial view is focused on the spot I want to.

Yeah that is a feature not a bug.

This should be addressed in the latest beta version in the Test channel. Planned for release next month.
    The new behavior is that the player view will only get set to match the GM view when explicitly shared via the Share Window radial menu.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information