5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Free Map Module in exchange for doing LOS and lighting definitions for modules

We have a fair number of older modules that are great, but they are lacking LOS and lighting definitions.

If you are willing to create the XML metadata for these and submit them to us for inclusion in the store, we can grant you a free module. Once you turn one in, you can get a new one.

Modules will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and at the discretion of SmiteWorks support staff on how qualified and sincere you seem to be. Contact [email protected] and provide us with your username, and the product ID you would like to tackle.

Resources:
    Map Line of Sight Style Guide
    Adding Lights to a Map

Look at the store listing for products that do not have the LOS tag.
    Map Packs
    Adventures

We will review the product to ensure that it would benefit from LOS updates, but if so, then we will work with you to get it added to your account.

Instructions:
    1. Load the module in the supported ruleset
    2. For each map, open it and unlock it
    3. Add LOS definitions per the LOS style guide
    4. Add Lighting (ambient, masks, point lights) where necessary
    5. Right-click on the map and export metadata (keep these in a folder unique to that product)
    6. Zip up all metadata XML files for the module and send to developer_relations along with the product ID
    7. Request another module

It would be much easier for those of us interested in participating in this project if you could provide a search filter for items missing LOS. Merry Christmas! My thanks to everyone at SW for all you do for the hobby!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Blog Entries
    For sure. I tried to include that link, but evidently using &los=0 doesn't let me pass a value of 0 in the browser. Instead, it treats it like it isn't set.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    For sure. I tried to include that link, but evidently using &los=0 doesn't let me pass a value of 0 in the browser. Instead, it treats it like it isn't set.
    I found the checkbox works as either a null or includes LOS. And the Null returns everything. So it's not really a toggle for search for things with No LOS tag. That's the behavior you would want in a regular search, but in this case isn't what's needed.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, checkboxes aren't great for triple state options.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Blog Entries
    Okay, I added a new checkbox called "Missing LOS" that you can check within the Advanced Search dropdown.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Okay, I added a new checkbox called "Missing LOS" that you can check within the Advanced Search dropdown.
    Nice one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Doug!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I would like to add XML data for "The Crystal Shard" with product ID WOTC5ELCS. Email inbound.

Complete

Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder View Post
    I would like to add XML data for "The Crystal Shard" with product ID WOTC5ELCS. Email inbound.
    Legacy of the Crystal Shard WOTC5ELCS doesn't have any battle maps, so please mark complete.

Email inbound requesting Tomb of Tiberish KPMA9TOMBTIBERESH5E.

Thread Information