DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Additional Optional Rule implementation?

I was thrilled to see an option in settings after the Remaster release to implement the ‘Free Archetype’ option for a campaign!

I’m wondering if it would be possible to add a similar option for the ‘Ancestry Paragon’ optional rule as well. I know this option appeared in the original 2e GameMastery guide, but I’m worried that with the advent of the Remaster, legacy, but still valid sources and rules might get left behind.

it looks from a coding perspective (at least on the surface), that it would be very similar to the ‘Free Archetype’

Thanks!

All the free archetype option does is prompt in the chargen tracker to select an appropriate dedication/archetype feat. There's no other automation or checks. For the legacy ancestry paragon option just manually select another ancestry feat at first level and then additional ancestry feats (above the normal ones) at levels 3, 7, 11, 15 and 19. Maybe I'll add chargen prompts similar to the free archetype option for the ancestry paragon at some point in the future, but they will only be prompts - there's nothing stopping you using the ancestry paragon optional rule right now.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe!

Thanks for the response. I understand that, It’s the prompt I was asking about. I just have a problem with my players constantly forgetting to pick their Ancestry Paragon and Free Archetype feats at the appropriate levels. We have been using both rules with manual feat adds and it works fine as you suggest!

All of the work you do to make PF2e the best ruleset out there is sooooo appreciated. You are the best!!!

Thread Information