DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Feature Request: Temporary Effect/Clear Temporary Effects

Something that would be nice is to have an intermediary between "clear expiring effects" and "clear all effects". Ideally, I would like a way to mark an effect as "temporary" and then have a "clear temporary effects" button.

The reason for this is that short duration effects usually end after combat, which is handled well by "clear expiring effects", but there are frequently effects that will last through multiple combats but should still go away when the PCs take an overnight rest or otherwise pass a certain amount of time. A common example here is the 1 hour immunity to Treat Wounds, or conditions that are imposed by parts of a dungeon ("sickened as long as you remain in this area").

"Clear all effects" doesn't quite work here because often one PC or another will end up with some kind of long term effect that I don't want to clear, such as the effect of a magic item that is almost always on, a disease or curse they have contracted that is going to stick around until manually removed, etc.

Alternatively, a way to mark effects with "don't remove even when clear all effects is pressed" would achieve the same goal from the opposite direction.

I'll need to think about something like this...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have no idea how this would be on the coding side, but it occurs to me that maybe it could be as simple as having a keyword "Permanent", that if included in an effect causes "remove all" to skip that effect?

Thread Information