FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Racial Traits

Racial Traits

I am trying to find a single list of Racial Traits. like Feats, Spells, or class features. I can create Racial Traits on the character sheet or within a specific Race but I can not find a list of all racial traits or a way to search for them.

It looks like If I create new Racial Traits with links / effects as a Class Feature so it shows up in the Special Abilities window, I can put Racial Trait as it's type and I can drop it onto the Racial Traits portion of the Character sheet and it "converts" it to a Racial Trait. but that seems like I should be doing it another way.

Doing it that way allows me to under Special Abilities, sort by type: racial trait and the class features I have labeled type: racial trait will come up. any thoughts?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

This sounds pretty ruleset specific. What ruleset are you using?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oops. Sry. Pf1e/3.6
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Racial traits aren't specifically a base data record, and aren't listed in the campaign sidebar - they are primarily embedded within race records but, as you point out you can drag a special ability to the racial traits section.

So, you're not going to be able to get a list of all records that could be added to a PC sheet as a racial trait. You could write some code that goes through all of the races and extract the traits (you'll end up with some duplicates as the records are unique to the race, not across all race records) - however, not all of these "traits" in the race record are added to the PC sheet Abilities tab as a racial trait - that depends on the name of the racial trait record, and is determined by the addRacialTrait function in the scripts\manager_char.lua file.

I don't know what you're trying to do, so can't make any suggestions or provide more details.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thx Trenloe, I am working on a mod to create automation or usable effects for all the feats (I am done 400 of about 3500 LOL) and I am finding that I have to sometimes create other base things such as combat maneuvers or racial traits that the feat then modifies. so I have just broken down and opened the mod up to any and all special abilities, racial traits, feats and so on that can be coded. and before I got too far I wanted to make sure I managed the Racial Traits in the best way.

I believe for now the best way to do it, so users can find them, is to create them under the special abilities, as a class feature, labeled as a racial trait, then have the user drag it to their character sheet to the racial traits section and replace the vanilla version.

Like this: Racial Traits.PNG. Store the Racial Traits in their own space in the Special Abilities. drag from there to the Character sheet Racial Traits section. it then changes to a racial trait on the sheet
    Last edited by Morenu; December 19th, 2023 at 21:56.

Thread Information