STAR TREK 2d20

Amount of automation

Hey, considering getting BRP as I have a group with some players who aren't fond of savage worlds for universal settings, trying to figure out the situation with the BRP ruleset since it is pretty vague in the marketing info and not exactly the cheapest option.

How much combat automation is there? If anyone could break it down that'd be fantastic.
    How do spells work, if there anything built into the ruleset or is it all manual?
    Is range taken account of automatically as is SWADE or does that need to be figure manually?
    Is there any effects functionality, to use keywords or conditions to make armor and weapons unique elements?

Cheers!

Basic Roleplaying is the oldest ruleset we currently offer. It provides the ability to roll dice per the rules of the system. The wiki provides a pretty good break down off the system. Some things have changed to help it work with modern features. But the wiki can still provide a great overview of what the system offer.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aying+Game+BRP

I'm sure more of the Basic Roleplaying community will comment, but I would check that out first.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Basic Roleplaying is the oldest ruleset we currently offer. It provides the ability to roll dice per the rules of the system. The wiki provides a pretty good break down off the system. Some things have changed to help it work with modern features. But the wiki can still provide a great overview of what the system offer.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aying+Game+BRP

I'm sure more of the Basic Roleplaying community will comment, but I would check that out first.
    Thanks for your response! I checked that but it seemed a little unclear on what was included and not. Ended up deciding to just get it and test so I'll update the original post with things I can figure out for other folks who might be interested, but if anyone else wants to add in info that would be great to get a really comprehensive description.

Remember that we offer a 30-day no questions return policy on anything sold through the FG web store.

Regards,
    JPG

I would love to see more Chaosium support for FG. From RQ to Rivers of London to Magic World to BRP, there are some great worlds to play in. But as we all know, building libraries from scratch is a herculean task. CoC thankfully does get some loving but there's so much more...

Thread Information