FG Spreadshirt Swag

Encumbrance Issue

I think I noticed an issue with FGU's calculations for encumbrance. I have a player that as a STR of 12. That makes his Light limit at 43 lbs. He currently has an item that grants him +2 to his strength which takes his light limit to 58 lbs. However he is still encumbered once he hits 43 lbs instead of 58 lbs. Known issue and any fixes for this?

How are you applying the +2 strength?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Through a magic item (Belt of Physical Perfection +2). STR:2

So, you're using an effect?

Effects don't change base stats, they only apply when an action is performed, that is when the dice are rolled. They don't apply directly to data shown in the character sheet.

To change the encumbrance STR modifier, click the magnifying glass icon in the Encumbrance section of the Inventory tab and then enter 2 in the "Str Adj" field.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the info. I am trying to avoid the manual manipulations; especially if it's tied to an item. Not that I distrust my players, it's easy to forget about bonuses and penalties as things change. If he looses that belt, then I was wanting all associated affects to go along with it. I get the base stats don't change and effects are added as something is done. I was hoping it would look at a total STR instead of what is just displayed on the sheet.

Thanks again for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by L4wful3vil View Post
    I was hoping it would look at a total STR instead of what is just displayed on the sheet.
    The encumbrance is calculated from the Strength "score" in the main tab, not the Strength bonus.

Depending on what extensions you are using, there would also be an effect that would add to your load limit. I just don't know it off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by DCrumb View Post
    Depending on what extensions you are using, there would also be an effect that would add to your load limit. I just don't know it off the top of my head.
    Thanks. I'll search for such an extension. You give me hope. 😃

This one by Bmos might do what you're looking for:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/16/view
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thread Information