DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Effects List

Effects List

I have a mod or update request. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for that. Specifically for PFRPG(1e) can someone create a mod that will provide a list to the players of what effects are currently being applied to their characters? I have players who will add a modifier to some of their fields because they don't think they are getting an effect. For example Improved Initiative. I had a player that had a +4 Dex and put in +4 in to the MISC field. I had coded Imp. Init. so that the bonus was being applied via the feat. We didn't notice they were getting a +12 instead of +8 until they were beating everyone's initiative consistently.

No fault to the player; they just didn't know what was being applied. I know it can be seen in the combat tracker but if I make the effects visible, then everyone can see them instead of just the player and GM.

Please and thank you.

P.S. If a mod already exists, could you point me to it?

Would an option to show: all effects, no effects, ally effects, or personal effects fix that issue? then each person could see their own effects only? I assume all and none are currently available since in our game I can see all effects on all things on the CT. and you are stating your players can't see any... an ally only and an individual only would be nice. (and label your effects like- Imp init;INIT: 4 so they know where it comes from)
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Effects can be Visible or GM Only currently. So effects are either available to be seen by all, or only seen by the GM and can be set per effect. For PC effects, they should be visible unless you are running a game where the PCs can be antagonistic to each other. This will also help ensure that other players can help each other out (and reduce the GM needing to make sure each player knows what is going on). One of the biggest things that a few of the extensions out there add is the automation of some of the feats and abilities that PF1e has. We can't automate everything (unless you want to play one of the newer computer games out there), but we get as close as we can.

I have played in campaigns where all other players were unknown and a mystery or puzzle to be figured out. It is definitely a thing and has it's place (not my preference as it led to a lot of party drama IC and OOC) so I can see having the option to see only the character(s) a PC controls effects in that case. But I definitely see the large benefit of seeing effects ONLY on your allies (and perhaps any effect your character creates on anyone). This would not allow meta gaming and save the DM from controlling individual effect visibility. do you want the players knowing that the strange man has a sensitivity to sunlight?

seems like it can be micro managed by the DM atm but I also know it would take a lot of time. a global setting would be nice in many cases.

Just my 2 cents.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I have played in campaigns where all other players were unknown and a mystery or puzzle to be figured out. It is definitely a thing and has it's place (not my preference as it led to a lot of party drama IC and OOC) so I can see having the option to see only the character(s) a PC controls effects in that case. But I definitely see the large benefit of seeing effects ONLY on your allies (and perhaps any effect your character creates on anyone). This would not allow meta gaming and save the DM from controlling individual effect visibility. do you want the players knowing that the strange man has a sensitivity to sunlight?

seems like it can be micro managed by the DM atm but I also know it would take a lot of time. a global setting would be nice in many cases.

Just my 2 cents.
    I have a player that is a Dhampir Sorcerer and his character is wanting to keep that aspect secret not knowing how others would react to his "condition". Also as a sorcerer he wants his powers to be private as well.

Aside from that, player's want to see what bonuses and penalties are being applied. Preferably they'd like to see a field with those effect amounts along side what they are being applied to. When player's don't see those effect bonuses on their sheets, they assume they aren't getting them and will manually add them. This will add an extra bonus that I constantly have to police. And yes, I have told them a thousand times to check the CT first and then check with me.

Thread Information