5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

icon in the top left of a map

when you mouse over a token on a map a bigger icon pops up on the top left corner of the map, i can't find out how to turn this off. we have a legally blind person in our group and he played with a massively blown up screen so he can see, with his screen as magnified as it is this new pop up token covers almost 70% of his map and he can no longer play.

how do i turn off this pop up token?
    Untitled12314.png

edit: this is pf1e rule set. not sure about other rule sets yet but we also play pf2e.
    Last edited by Vhok; December 16th, 2023 at 02:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhok View Post
    when you mouse over a token on a map a bigger icon pops up on the top left corner of the map, i can't find out how to turn this off. we have a legally blind person in our group and he played with a massively blown up screen so he can see, with his screen as magnified as it is this new pop up token covers almost 70% of his map and he can no longer play.

how do i turn off this pop up token?
    Untitled12314.png

edit: this is pf1e rule set. not sure about other rule sets yet but we also play pf2e.
    That is to help identify the token your are mousehovering© over

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    That is to help identify the token your are mousehovering© over
    thats... nice? that doesn't solve the issue that its in the way however?

There is no option at this time to turn that off.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    There is no option at this time to turn that off.
    well that sucks, i really hope they add a toggle for it, i'm not sure why its even needed in the first place i've never heard anyone complain about which token they are hovering over when you can just zoom in with mouse wheel if you needed.

well that sucks, i really hope they add a toggle for it, i'm not sure why its even needed in the first place i've never heard anyone complain about which token they are hovering over when you can just zoom in with mouse wheel if you needed.
    No need to zoom in with this feature, and I don't need to put my glasses on to see it. If its an issue, don't mouse over the icons. If it is an issue, eventually a toggle option will get added.

massively blown up screen so he can see, with his screen as magnified as it is this new pop up token covers almost 70% of his map and he can no longer play.
    I think people are missing this bit. If the player has to zoom in the whole UI so big I can see this being an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I think people are missing this bit. If the player has to zoom in the whole UI so big I can see this being an issue.
    I didn't miss it. But Vhok also replied that if you can't see a token you zoom in..... This is obviously an edge case and I think Smiteworks will add a toggle option at some point, but it's a new feature. While this version was in Test Silent Ruin and a few other complained about the new Party functionality and a toggle option was introduced for that.

In the mean time, don't mouse over tokens too much.

my blind friend also mentioned how pointless he feels like this pop up is. he said i can see the picture better now because its bigger but when i try to mouse over the effect the popup goes away because i'm not mousing over the icon on the map. i like to mouse over the effect icons on the player icon so i can see what effects everyone has but i can't do that with this pop up so its not very useful other than bigger art.

I may well be misunderstanding here but Even at the maximum scaleui and zoomed in the picture on the top left doesn't interfere in any way with the token that is being viewed. So what am I missing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information