DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Range Increases

Range Increases

Is there code to affect the range distance of items/spells? One of my players has the Gauntlets of Extended Range and I want to code that effect in the item.

There is nothing that will adjust it automatically on the character sheet. Also, since attacks/saves are not blocked/adjusted by the range value, it doesn't really have an impact on the automation. It would just be something that the player would need to remember or they can adjust all their spell range values after they add to their character sheet.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by L4wful3vil View Post
    Is there code to affect the range distance of items/spells? One of my players has the Gauntlets of Extended Range and I want to code that effect in the item.
    Try my Mod in my signature or use this link. It focuses on Feats but I had to automate several things along the way to then make the feats automate properly. I know I did a simple Range negative effect and it can easily be modified for an item. to use the mod and have everything work correctly requires several supporting extensions, but it should load up fine and many will work without the extensions.

The range calculator I made here: Range Negatives.PNG

requires Better Combat Effects ext for the STACK command to work.

But as Moon Wizard said it really isn't automated. If it changes a spell range then edit the effected spell(s) or if there are a LOT of effected spells, you can put a label "effect" on the character to remind them to adjust ranges of spells.

If it changes the range category of weapons, you can go to each ranged weapon and change it's range number.

If it changes the range negative from say -2 per range to -1 the just edit the above STACK effect from -2 to -1.

If it Ignores the first range negative or adjusts them differently then you can make individual range effects:

Standard range negative example:
    Range Negative 1; ATK: -2 range
    Range Negative 2; ATK: -4 range
    Range Negative 3; ATK: -6 range

and apply the appropriate range negative for 1 rnd depending on the weapon used.
    Last edited by Morenu; December 13th, 2023 at 03:00.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thread Information