STAR TREK 2d20

Resistance Automation Help - Barbarian (Fury Instinct)

Hello!

I'm trying to help automate as much as possible for our FGU game so the players can focus less on the mechanics and more on the experience. I'm currently having trouble with a resistance automation for our Barbarian, using the Fury Instinct. Can somebody please help? (It would be greatly appreciated) I've tried searching the forums several times, and couldn't find anything that would work for me.

Fury Instinct: "You resist physical weapon damage, but not physical damage from other sources (such as unarmed attacks)."

I've tried many variations so far, but the following I would have expected to work.
    • Barbarian Character Sheet -> Combat tab -> Character Effects ---> "IF: CUSTOM(Rage); RESIST: {CON}+3, physical,!unarmed"
    • Combat Tracker Effect ---> "RESIST: 7 physical" + "WEAK: 7 unarmed"

When I tried listing the resist similar to the Ghost Commoner from the bestiary ("RESIST: 5 magic,!force,!ghost touch,!positive"), the resistance did not work at all. When I listed them separately the weakness did not work.

Pictures:

Example 1 (No resist applied at all)
    • Ghost Commoner Example
    • Combat Tracker Effect
    • Damage Result

Example 2 (Unarmed did not bypass resist)
    • Combat Tracker
    • Damage Results
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please refer to the Wiki PF2 effects page for the syntax and what is possible with FG effects: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...PFRPG2+Effects

RESIST is listed as have a descriptor of only "damage type". The valid damage types are listed after the modifiers table. "unarmed" is not a damage type, so there's basically no way to do resistance that takes unarmed into account. To be honest, it's very hard to determine in code what is an "unarmed" attack - especially for creatures. There's nothing in creature statblocks that clearly indicate if an attack is unarmed - OK, us "humans" can take a good guess, a fist is unarmed and is a ghoul's claw classed as unarmed? You'd need to read the full details of creating a ghoul to see that it is classed as an unarmed attack. But there could be other grey areas - is an unicorn's magical horn class as an unarmed attack? There is the unarmed trait, but Paizo rarely include that in a creature attack statblock.

So, sorry, this is pretty much a case of handling manually as needed - i.e. disabling the RESIST character effect before unarmed damage is rolled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information