STAR TREK 2d20

Adventure Modules & Players Guides

Where do the Players Guides come from? For example, I own the newest Kingmaker AP and the Modules Activation page there is also a Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path 2e, Players Guide.

I did not download this separately, so where did it come from? I know it is not somehow embedded in the Main AP file because as a test I deleted it and the PG is still there.

Is the Player's Guide something that is a separate file that gets downloaded with the Main AP when you purchase it?

I am just more curious than anything.

Paizo provide free player's guide PDFs for most of their adventure paths. These are converted by the FG devs and included with the relevant AP product. For example, the link to the free PDF for Kingmaker can be found here: https://paizo.com/store/pathfinder/a...th/kingmakerap
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

No, I knew about the Paizo side of things. I am just curious mechanically how it works with FG. Does the free PG end up in my vault when I bought the Kingmaker AP on the FG store?

I am working on modules for another ruleset and I was just curious about that even though the vendor of the books does not provide any sort of Player's Guides with their adventures I was just wondering how I would effectively provide info to the players that they should have access to.

I am starting to think just having Story entries that are shared with the players when the module is exported might the most effective way to let them have access to that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Does the free PG end up in my vault when I bought the Kingmaker AP on the FG store?
    Yes. As mentioned: These are converted by the FG devs and included with the relevant AP product
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    No, I knew about the Paizo side of things. I am just curious mechanically how it works with FG. Does the free PG end up in my vault when I bought the Kingmaker AP on the FG store?

I am working on modules for another ruleset and I was just curious about that even though the vendor of the books does not provide any sort of Player's Guides with their adventures I was just wondering how I would effectively provide info to the players that they should have access to.

I am starting to think just having Story entries that are shared with the players when the module is exported might the most effective way to let them have access to that information.
    Alot of the mods you buy on the store come with a Player's Guide mod as well to keep gm stuff out of the mod players can load. You can split the book up if that's what you're asking.

Thread Information