DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Spells and Apply All Effects - Default Settings

Hi,

I'm hoping that I missed something in setup, because this is a constant frustration point we've hit in our campaign; by default, none of the spells have their automation configured. I did some looking, but I have not been able to confirm if this is expected behavior.

This automation is fantastic, but I would like to remove a lot of overhead for default spells and bestiary items seeing this - any tips?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi welcome to the forum,
    what do you mean , i Tryed the spell and Yes there is a Attack Roll and a Save Roll and the Automation doesn´t apply the right result in this Spell is it that what you mean ??

For me I Changed in "Attack" to None and add "Show chat Text" so it´s easyer to aplly the right result. Ist not full automated, not the best, but it could help.
    Last edited by Birger Tucholski; December 8th, 2023 at 16:50. Reason: Add Informations and Pic
    Text Translated by Deepl ;-)

Thank you for the welcome!

I meant specifically that if you attempt to use the Apply All Effects by default it does nothing because the Actions/Effects section defaults to when it applies (Success/Failure/Critical Failure) as -

If those are modified, then it will work; but I would have expected that to be set by default in cases like this where the description clearly states when they should be applicable. Is this a bug, or is there a way to update that en masse?

Hi SpyreX. This seems to be a new element in the UI of spells, both in the spell entries and the Actions tab. I know that previously, the spells/actions were set up with the correct automation for Success levels. It seems that having the ability to toggle Success level automation in the spells/actions has resulted in them defaulting to a no-entry value.

I'm 100% certain this was an oversight and that the devs for this ruleset and its associated DLC will remedy this soon; however, if you have a session before this issue is resolved, it might be best to manually set these values.

Thank you for the confirmation on what I was thinking may have been the case.

Do you know if:
    - There is a way to update all spells?
    - If I as the DM updated spells, that would update for players?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyreX View Post
    Thank you for the confirmation on what I was thinking may have been the case.

Do you know if:
    - There is a way to update all spells?
    - If I as the DM updated spells, that would update for players?
    I'm unaware of a way inside the client to automatically parse and/or update all the Critical Success/Success/Failure/Critical Failure slots to their correct value, but you can manually update each spell entry in the spells list or each action on the character sheet. Any changes you make to the root spell by updating the success levels should translate directly into the spells Action tab entry if you choose to take the former path and should remain updated until the fix comes along. I'd personally go for the latter, as we are likely to have a solution for the root issue before your players have managed to pack their spellbooks with every possible entry.

However, something caught my eye while checking into this. If you, like me, started an existing server after the Remaster books came out, you might have decided to proceed into the Remaster version of Pathfinder 2e without having unloaded the original Core Rulebook, and might have also forgotten to load the new Player Core rulebook. If you did that as I did, you would be seeing only the old versions of the spells, which may not have had their Success levels updated to take advantage of the Remaster. Once I loaded the Player Core book, all the spells therein had the correct Success level automation already in place. I hope that's the issue you are running into, as well, because I can't tell you how relieved I was to fix the issue that easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Muagen; December 8th, 2023 at 21:16. Reason: eta: A picture of the spell Enfeeble, the Player Core spell which replaces Ray of Enfeeblement

Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    I'm unaware of a way inside the client to automatically parse and/or update all the Critical Success/Success/Failure/Critical Failure slots to their correct value, but you can manually update each spell entry in the spells list or each action on the character sheet. Any changes you make to the root spell by updating the success levels should translate directly into the spells Action tab entry if you choose to take the former path and should remain updated until the fix comes along. I'd personally go for the latter, as we are likely to have a solution for the root issue before your players have managed to pack their spellbooks with every possible entry.

However, something caught my eye while checking into this. If you, like me, started an existing server after the Remaster books came out, you might have decided to proceed into the Remaster version of Pathfinder 2e without having unloaded the original Core Rulebook, and might have also forgotten to load the new Player Core rulebook. If you did that as I did, you would be seeing only the old versions of the spells, which may not have had their Success levels updated to take advantage of the Remaster. Once I loaded the Player Core book, all the spells therein had the correct Success level automation already in place. I hope that's the issue you are running into, as well, because I can't tell you how relieved I was to fix the issue that easily.
    Awesome! I just tested and it looks like it fixed that part - unfortunately it looks like this persists for non player core stuff (like spells from the bestiary); but thats a huge help. Thank you so much!

Hooray! Glad to have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyreX View Post
    I'm hoping that I missed something in setup, because this is a constant frustration point we've hit in our campaign; by default, none of the spells have their automation configured. I did some looking, but I have not been able to confirm if this is expected behavior.
    As has been mentioned, a lot of the automation capabilities for spells has been added fairly recently and we haven't added automation to all spells, as it's a very time intensive task and we're still working through a large backlog of automation, as well as converting the new products.

Sorry you're frustrated. If you find issues, please report them in the General DLC issues reporting sticky thread. We're working on slowly going through the backlog, but it will take a while.

I've logged the issue with Ray of Enfeeblement, we'll get that fixed in a future release of the Core Rules DLC.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information