STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

v3.5 D&D upgraded ruleset (v1.1)

Here is another revision of my upgraded d20 ruleset for v3.5 D&D. Within the ZIP file is a readme file, which contains a list of the changes and installation instructions.

Download here

I've been re-using graphics for different buttons, so if there are any graphics people out there that want to make some new buttons for the new features (client tracker, options dialog), I would appreciate the help.

A quick summary of the major changes:
    * Added options dialog to upper right shortcut menu. Now, you can change all the options by just clicking.
    * Added option to show character name, instead of identity name, when rolling from a character sheet
    * Initiative rolls from a character sheet will automatically update the combat tracker.
    * Attack and save rolls from a character sheet will call out automatic successes and failures, as well as roll confirmation rolls for critical threats.
    * ...and more

Cheers,
    JPG

JPG -

Do you know how/if this is compatible with your previous ruleset? (I know you mentioned backward-compatibility with the base d20 ruleset.)

My players and I are using (and enjoying!) your previous version, and I want to avoid requiring them to re-enter their characters or for me to re-do all the graphics changes. If possible.

Thanks for your work, regardless!

D

Yes, it is backward compatible. I try not to make any changes which are not backwards compatible.

Cheers,
    JPG

This is an impressive amount of work! My only question is how hard would it be to add all these modifications to the new Modern ruleset from DA? Modern d20 with these changes would leave me with only the wish for a light source/special vision mod to map masking. All that aside, Thank you.

It would be a fair amount of work to add the code to the d20 Modern ruleset, but much easier than the original since you can cut and paste a lot of the code.

I think anyone making the changes would have to get permission from DA before they could re-publish any of the DA rulesets with modifications. So, I would suggest asking them first.

Cheers,
    JPG

jthm0138
    Edited since my advice is not wanted by the community at large.
    Last edited by jthm0138; March 13th, 2008 at 23:17.

Actually the ruleset by DA contains artwork and code not covered in the OGL. Remember the OGL applies to the OGL content which would be the SRD, character sheet stat blocks, etc. It does not apply to custom code, artwork, or the package as a whole.

I would advise you to consult with Kevin at Digital Adventures if you want to talk about ruleset modifications and distribution.
    Last edited by joshuha; February 21st, 2008 at 20:17.

I was only asking how hard it might be to add these options to the Modern ruleset for my own use. No distribution. And I would do this on my own since having someone else do it and give it to me sounds like distibution. I just wanted to get an idea of how involved this might be before I start. I would not want infringe on DA's work at all. I highly recommend their Modern Ruleset to anyone interested in non-D&D d20. The Urban Arcana and Future rules are great.

jthm0138
    Edited since my advice is not wanted by the community at large.
    Last edited by jthm0138; March 13th, 2008 at 23:17.

Also, I do like many of these above customization and have had my own versions in my own ruleset for awhile.

We are in the planning stages of making these easier to integrate with existing rulesets without having to replace large sections of code manually (i.e. through the interface). Some of these ideas have also been in the wishlist thread for awhile and are slated to make it into the base d20 ruleset although they may functional differently than how JPG went about it.
    Last edited by joshuha; February 21st, 2008 at 23:35.

Thread Information