DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Portraits that have shown me who is logged in with what PC now no longer seem to work

Basically real estate on the screen is always at a high premium and stuff that auto takes it up has to be really useful to warrant doing it.

I like the way portraits in upper left show who is logged in with what PC.

But in TEST I just had about 8 portaits with noone logged in taking up a ton of screen real estate - more than half of them are not even visible on my CT at the moment.

Was this intentional? If so, will we be able to set an option to NOT have this happen and to only show the way it used to do so that I can see who is logged in or drops out at a glance?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Are the characters in the Party Sheet?

CoreRPG.
    Left; Characters not in the Party Sheet
    Right; Characters in the Party Sheet
    Seems like it's working as described to me.

Yes they were all in the character sheet but none were logged in. As I said - real estate is at a premium and I would like the old way of only showing clients actually logged in, instead of a clutter of things that just confuse who is here - who has dropped out - and taking up valuable space. Trouble enough with windows not always clicking when overlapping edges of other windows in FGU without adding a slew of other ones automagically. If others want this (not sure why) that's fine - just make sure those of us who use the current system to track who is actually in - who has dropped out - and what they currently own in terms of PCs is not lost in the jumble. Make it optional.

I, for one, love the fact that all the portraits who are in the party sheet are displayed. I think it is important for the players who can easily forget the NPCs in their team. You can still see who is connected in this space: the connection of the player who has a character sheet attributed is visualised by the presence of a colored point on the portrait (the color of is dices).
    If the connected player has no attributed character his name appears with a blank portrait and, when he select his character sheet, this blank portrait disappear and the colored point appear on the selected portrait.
    But, surely, making this new (for me awesome) behavior optional would probably be a good thing.
    Last edited by Egheal; November 23rd, 2023 at 20:25.

If clients can see NPCs they own then I can see the use of that - but the HOST is what I'm primarily concerned with - seeing everything a player owns is not something I want splayed on my screen when they run 20 NPCs during a ship raid or something. That would be hell. Hence, do not WANT host showing everything a player owns - of if they do its one expandable dropdown or something for each player so those logged in show one portrait (active) with option to see what else they have.

Personally I have the CT showing me who owns what simply by hovering over the link to the CT entry. Blasting everything on the limited real estate can cover the entire thing. I get other people deal with a player managing one NPC or something - but that is not the way of my world. This would destroy the window space for me.

Your players runs more than one character? (exceptionally it could be two in my games but 20!!!) I can't imagine the time it could take for only one round of combat Clearly in your case this new behavior has to be optional!

Yes sometimes they run more than one PC but mostly they run owned NPCs (not PCs - NPCs). I thought you said this was going to show NPCs owned by them? Did I misread that?

Here is an example of one player controlling a boarding party (20-30 NPCs - no PC) and each player had one PC and 4-5 NPCs while another 40 or so neutral/static NPCs populated the ship. If as you say my host machine would suddenly sprout 55 portraits - then I would be mightly annoyed.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post681754

It's a union of logged in characters and characters in the party sheet. If you don't want them at the top of the screen, remove the characters from the party sheet.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It's a union of logged in characters and characters in the party sheet. If you don't want them at the top of the screen, remove the characters from the party sheet.

Regards,
    JPG
    So your suggestion is to abandon all the usefulness of a party sheet in order to disable this new screen clutter?

Seriously, if you guys are making features that require disabling other features in order to get the behavior we used to have - without an option...

Really, I have no words.

Why wouldn't you want "party members" in the party sheet to be part of the party shown in the upper left of the tabletop?
    There have been "many" users over the years that asked how to add party members to the desktop, so that they could handle showing PCs not owned by players. All the feedback that I've gotten to date has been positive for this change.

It sounds like perhaps you are using the party sheet in a way that is different than most people, or "enhanced" for something else you are doing. If you are "enhancing" the party sheet for other users using your extensions, then just turn off party members displaying when using your extension.
    (CharacterListManager.getPartyIdentities = function () return {} end)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information