5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    yes fighter mage is one of my favorite and good for the story as you will need to do twice as much as a single class to move through the game, elven chain is very hard to find but if you do , this makes a very strong and slightly unpredictable character... excellent for this story.
    Last edited by Tagan; December 14th, 2023 at 23:00.

the story unfolds as we move along, i ran a starfinder game 12 months ago on fgu this is bigger than that.... with the base of the forgotten realms as the setting, the plot can go which ever way the party does, and ill mainly give you the quest, puzzles, some guidance and the experience to further your character though 2e ad&d and fgu..i tell a story of sorts and have always found 2e works well for this...can get dark, can be fantastic could bring a tear to your eye, might make you laugh,. That's the game i play thanks

cleric mage might be a bit of a firecracker wild magic and you would have to be in the Regine of your deity to cast anything but if that's your guy/gal..cool,may be a bit of a dungeon crawl but im sure you could make it through with the party.
    this is the wild magic chart ,rough copy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tagan; December 14th, 2023 at 23:07.

Question - does your post imply that all magic is wild magic - with the effects rolled against the text file you shared - or does the player have a choice to not employ wild magic?

Follow up question - are you allowing the Encyclopedia Magika and the Wizard's Compendium's as spell list resources?

Maybe I should backtrack a bit further - Will spells be divvied out by the GM only or will players get to pick spells to learn upon advancement?

yes once cast has been chosen as a part of a round then there is a roll on the wild magic chart eg. Ilkpenth the gnome diviner casts detect magic on a large chest for his round then rolls 1d100 on the wild magic chart with a 34 so the chest glows with magic and Ilkpenth disappears until the end of the turn/round (still looking at this?). the chart is 2e tome of magic. Again these are pockets over faerun so you won't always have to roll wild magic
    you can pick your spells but remember you must be on the same containment (30 miles or something, to relearn divine magic i just use the faerun contaminant Map as your deity ), turn undead is turn undead this wont change.(might have to waive some garlic or a cross of sorts??)... still coding thanks and remember the story is everything here and you should be able to get through with good descriptions and roleplaying so don't worry to much
    Last edited by Tagan; December 31st, 2023 at 02:58.

The game is fgu 2e dungeon masters guide ,players handbook and monster manual for now the wild magic is the only extra...i will have a look at some of the other resources at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagan View Post
    The game is fgu 2e dungeon masters guide ,players handbook and monster manual for now the wild magic is the only extra...i will have a look at some of the other resources at some stage.
    I'd like to play but i'm in several campaigns already. Unless I missed the post....what day/time are you looking at running the game?
    Thank you.

Battle map

This is what i have for combat , the map has walls but they are transparent so all pc and creature tokens are shown walls cannot be past, first a party initiate is rolled and each piece gets a move , the E is and exit you must get your piece to the E to exit combat (this results in a flee that will be a free attack from a random opposing party piece ) the Exit is also where the party appears on the map.(making a quick escape if needed )
    This is a basic map they get more complicated as we move through the game, cover, levels etc.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tagan; December 24th, 2023 at 21:23.

If you're still looking for players, I'd love to play. I haven't played the second edition ruleset in a long, long time.

Your "take drawbacks to top up your character to what you wanted" idea caught my attention. One question aside from whether you're even still looking is when you play, though, as I know scheduling can be a bit funky.
    Let me know!

Thread Information