DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Hello again,

Today, version 1.1.1 is released, that added the parsing and detections of spellcasting. So reactions like "When a creature that the monster can see casts a spell" will trigger messages when a PC casts a spell.

With this, I implemented everything that I planned, so active development is over, but feel free to post suggections or bug reports.

Cheers!

Awesome extension! Thank you very much!

I know this is a lot to ask but.. could you give me a hand with an extension that I need? I think it should be fairly simple.. I've send you a DM .
    Thanks!!

Thanks, I'm happy that it's useful.

Sure, I'll check DM and see what you've got.

@illahad
    Thank you for this great ext, I've noticed that whenever someone is resistance to something, it will throw out the chat "Total mismatch in damage type totals"

I'm guessing this is some left over debugging or something from this ext.

I attached a picture.

Also noticing that the first attack/damage roll of a session start is showing the triggers for all reactions of people in the CT, is this behavior meant to be like this and not able to detect to only show when its triggered?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    @illahad
    Also noticing that the first attack/damage roll of a session start is showing the triggers for all reactions of people in the CT, is this behavior meant to be like this and not able to detect to only show when its triggered?
    Thank you for trying it out!

This latter behavior is expected as the extension scans the NPCs that remained in CT from the previous session when a reaction may be triggered (attack, damage or save is rolled or PC starts turn) or when you add an NPC to the CT. If you don't want to see reports regarding the scan results, you can turn it off with "Report parsing results" option (but then you will not see how an NPC is parsed when it added to CT as well).

Regarding the "Total mismatch" message, I assume it does no appear without my extension? The extension definitely does not produce this message itself, but maybe there's some hidden interaction, I'll take a look, thanks for bringing this up.
    Last edited by illahad; December 11th, 2023 at 18:46.

Quote Originally Posted by illahad View Post
    Thank you for trying it out!

This latter behavior is expected as the extension scans the NPCs that remained in CT from the previous session when a reaction may be triggered (attack, damage or save is rolled or PC starts turn) or when you add an NPC to the CT. If you don't want to see reports regarding the scan results, you can turn it off with "Report parsing results" option (but then you will not see how an NPC is parsed when it added to CT as well).

Regarding the "Total mismatch" message, I assume it does no appear without my extension? The extension definitely does not produce this message itself, but maybe there's some hidden interaction, I'll take a look, thanks for bringing this up.
    Correct, in the picture you can see how I set it up, and its only your ext loaded. Without this ext, it doesnt show that message.

Thanks for the info about the other parsing thing. I'm on the fence which I want to do, see it each time I load up (once) or not see it all the time even when added NPCs to the tracker haha.

I guess I can make an option to only show parsing results when NPC is added.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Correct, in the picture you can see how I set it up, and its only your ext loaded. Without this ext, it doesnt show that message.

Thanks for the info about the other parsing thing. I'm on the fence which I want to do, see it each time I load up (once) or not see it all the time even when added NPCs to the tracker haha.
    Hey, I think I fixed the problem that you encountered. Please update, and with version 1.1.2 that warning message about damage should be gone. Also, I added config option to display parsing messages only when NPC is added to the CT (and not when the initial bulk scan happens).

Feel free to post if you will find more issues.

Cheers!

Thank you so much, working perfectly, set that NPC added setting and only showing now when I add, the other text is gone on resisted damage. Very nice, very quick work. Thank you so much.

Loving this extension! Just a thought with no expectation of implementation, but is there any chance a reminder could be triggered by an actor becoming "bloodied" (half max hit points or less)?

I have a number of custom NPCs with abilities like: "When first bloodied, the cambion can use its Fiendish Charm ability as a reaction."

Would it be helpful to implementation to phrase the ability differently with the "bloodied value"?

In this case the cambion has 82 hit points so maybe the wording is: "When first bloodied (41), the cambion can use its Fiendish Charm ability as a reaction."

Thread Information