FG Spreadshirt Swag

Classic Traveller Adventures - Converting.... where to start

Are there any examples of converting classic adventures to Fantasy Grounds Unity?

Specifically looking for examples of layout and story structures. Also any example of templates used would be helpful.

Also, does anyone ever use tables? seems very clunky....

Thanks,
    Ch

There are some incomplete modules that Smiteworks is making available for people to complete.

We use tables quite a bit in our game.

One reason is that we do play by post, jump into FG to make your rolls, see what happens, go back on to our site to continue writing.

Tables allows the Travellers to see what happened without me being online.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

@charris256 - are you converting the classic adventures for your own play, or are you considering (complex licensing aside) releasing them to the public in some form? The reason I ask is that there's quite a different level of effort between the two. Some info on converting for yourself is currently being discussed in this thread, it's not specific to Traveller, but it's relevant: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Best-Practice

And in regards to the layout and story structure, I'd recommend recreating as close to the original as you'd like in a Reference Manual, not story entries. Details on the Reference Manual Builder can be found in the FG Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Manual+Builder
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe initial plan is to convert the classic adventures for personal play then if there is interest I would consider releasing to the public if I can figure out the licensing...

Ill take a look at the Manual Builder and do you know what the deference between Story and Manuals is?

Quote Originally Posted by charris256 View Post
    Ill take a look at the Manual Builder and do you know what the deference between Story and Manuals is?
    Pretty much anything you can do in story entries you can do in the reference manual. But there's much more functionality in the reference manual - take a look at any reference manual from other products and see the difference: sections and page links down the left, embedded images, column text.

See video twenty six here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information