FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

VtM Module missing content (Disciplines, Clans and more)

I haven't played Vampire in a while, about six months. I'm going to start a campaign now and I noticed that the module has been modified, some things seem improved, however, there is important content missing. I didn't find the Disciplines, everything is blank, as well as Clans, Abbreviated SPCs and Loresheets. I have the modules loaded and the system is up to date. What happened to this content?
    Furthermore, I noticed that the module changed its name, I bought the Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition Ruleset on Steam but in FGU it now appears as World of Darkness (5E)
    Last edited by Rafael Martins; October 29th, 2023 at 20:44.

For which module exactly? I'm able to see Disciplines, Clans and SPCs (abbreviated SPCs are no longer available and made as regular SPCs). Loresheets are under Advantages.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

The module changed its name, I bought the Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition Ruleset on Steam but in FGU it now appears as World of Darkness (5E)
    And there's nothing in Advantages, btw
    Last edited by Rafael Martins; October 29th, 2023 at 20:49.

The new ruleset (Fantasy Grounds term) name is World of Darkness. Vampire the Masquerade still has a module that will need to be loaded to access those records. It also lets you play Hunter and Werewolf, hence the name change. Did you enable the Vampire the Masquerade Core Rulebook module?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Yes, the module is loaded and activated, but it seems that the system is not recognizing it, as you can see in the print screen, all content is missing, and the module does not appear to be selected in the Group tab. The only content that appears there is what I created manually.

You might need to revert the module or the update didn't get downloaded correctly and will need a new update. Please try and revert the module through the module activation window by right clicking on the entry and choosing revert. If that doesn't work, then you will need to navigate to your FG dashboard and click on the folder icon in the top left and navigate to your vault folder. In that folder you will need to locate a file that I believe is named WOD5ERGS09382.dat or similar. Once deleted, then re-run the updater and it should download a fresh copy of the module.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Ok, I just did it, revert did nothing, so I deleted the WOD5ERGS09382.dat file as instructed, ran the update, and nothing changed! All contend is still missing.

Looking at your module loaded screen, the module's thumbnail doesn't match the current one. Can I see the chat frame to see the ruleset's date to ensure you are using the correct one?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Here it is. I opened a new campaign, instead of loading my old campaign, just in case, to see if it worked. The modules are loaded but do not appear, as you can see. I included a screen shot of my Vaul folder, so you can see all the modules there, you may notice that there are others besides this new one - could they be conflicting? Should I delete any more?

The module's thumbnail you have in your picture a few posts above doesn't match the current thumbnail, which leads me to believe you aren't using the most up to date version or correct one. The thumbnail should match the cover of the physical Core Rulebook and was changed with the update. Deleting the file that matches WOD5ERGS09382.dat and doing another update should pull the latest version that I'm using to show the images, but you mentioned you had already done so. I am at the moment at a loss as to what might be causing the issue as this is the only report of this happening at this time and I am able to view the records on my end.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information