FG Spreadshirt Swag

War of Immortals Class Playtest - Animist Class Module

Hello fellow Pathfinders!

I have been on a mission for the past month or two to create the playtest classes in Fantasy Grounds so that our community can easily help in the playtest efforts. What is attached is a (hopefully) fully functional version of that class. It is only limited in that I have only replicated the feats up through 4th level. I will be continuing to input the feats to allow you to progress to sixth level and beyond, but if you beat me there (good on you!) you will have to copy/paste those feats for yourself. I have automated everything to the best of my ability, but I obviously haven't playtested all those automations, so please let me know which ones don't work as intended. I'm sure there will be a few.

Otherwise, I have added new spells from both this playtest AND from the Core Preview where necessary to make this class work seamlessly. I have done this up through Ninth Rank spells, but have not completed the Tenth Rank "Avatar" features. Also it is probably worth mentioning that the War of Immortals is clearly a "post-remaster" book and the class, feats, and spells necessarily use the terminology from the Remaster.

Now to the nitty-gritty. The spellcasting per day for the Animist is a complicated mix of spontaneous and prepared casting. Trenloe helped to get the Animist and Apparition spell classes into the ruleset so that your Animist will get the appropriate number of casts per day for both types, but still the ability to swap your apparitions and therefore spell list on a daily basis is difficult to account for. The approach I have taken is to add to your character sheet all the spells you gain from each apparition, and update it every time you gain access to new spell ranks. The way I envision this working would be for you to decide which apparitions you want to "prepare" and make a note, or use the ordering function in the Actions tab to send them to the top. Then you can either simply cast them from their groups and manually track the spells slots used by putting a placeholder "First Rank Spell Slot", "Second Rank Spell Slot", etc. and marking them used appropriately... Or copy those spells over to the Apparition Spellcasting area after each daily preparation. That seems like too much work to me, so I'd go with manually tracking spell usage. This isn't the most elegant, but please try it out and let me know if you can think of a better approach. I'm happy to rework it if needed.

Happy adventuring! I hope this is useful to our community, even if it isn't perfect at first!

And of course:
    This module uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., used under Paizo's Community Use Policy (paizo.com/communityuse). We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This module is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, visit paizo.com.

Changelog:
    v0.1 - Initial Release
    v0.2 - Added Summary, Disclaimer, and Changelog in Stories
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Neovirtus; October 26th, 2023 at 15:30. Reason: Update

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Neovirtus View Post
    And of course:
    This module uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., used under Paizo's Community Use Policy (paizo.com/communityuse). We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This module is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, visit paizo.com.
    Could you add this to the module please - in a Story entry is fine, and please also include the full ORC Notice from the last page. Thank you!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sure! Thanks for the heads up.

Updated to v0.2 including some story entries for the disclaimer, summary of how to use the class, and changelog.

My intent is to leave this on the forums for the time being until I get all the feats in. Then assuming I get some positive feedback on the functionality of the class I will probably push it to the Forge.

Thread Information