DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Storyteller new to using Fantasy Grounds in general, and Unity in particular. Help?

A little background for me. I have been storytelling World of Darkness games since 2018, using analog stuff like pen and paper, etc. for face to face sessions. When the pandemic hit our group transitioned to online play using Discord and Roll 20 and the like. Discord dice bots like Realm of Darkness made rolling intuitive and easy.

Now I recently backed the Werewolf: the Apocalypse 5th Edition FGU KS because I thought it would be nice to have a cohesive VTT with the ruleset and assets instead of just using Roll 20 for visual aids and nots and Discord for voice chat and dice rolling. Also I heard so much about how FGU was much better and simpler than the old FG. However, it seems Fantasy Grounds Unity is still not as intuitive and simple to use as Foundry for example... I began to look for tutorials on how to use the World of Darkness ruleset and Modules on FGU online but almost all the videos that turn up are about D&D 5E. So I am quite frankly, lost.

Like for example, I wanted to make some test rolls when I loaded my test chronicle page on FGU. I could not figure out the command for rolling a dice pool without having to go open up an SPC and clicking one of their pre-defined dice pools like brawl. And when it rolled, the dice rolled were V5 dice and not Werewolf dice, which is okay, fine... But how do I roll dice pools with Rage as a Storyteller? Also, I just wanted to make some test rolls but I do not know the specific command to make rolls as you would in a World of Darkness games. When I type in for example /roll 5d10 it just rolls the d10s like it was D&D 5E. I also do not know how to make these rolls with Rage or Hunger factored in. Like do I need to make a Character just to make those rolls with Rage or Hunger? How about SPC Werewolves, how do I roll for them with Rage factored in?

Are there any good tutorials out there that can help a Storyteller like me grok the World of Darkness on FGU?

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information