so many thanks to krugulem

the answer is
    (N)PC Specific Note
    Tag
    Notes
    STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA
    Ability bonus, now respects changes through effects, too
    NdM + K
    M positive or ”F”, N non-zero, K arbitrary number; die evaluated as random table when applied from actions tab 

d X {other tag}
    X = 1, . . . , 9 (if none, it will assume X = 1). The other tag will get divided by X.

For example ATK: [d4STR]; additional attack mod given by the strength mod divided by 4

{other tag} X
    X any non-negative total number (also more than one digit possible). The other tag cannot be bigger than X then; this operation is after all multiplications but before a sign change
    ^ {other tags}
    Put at the very beginning (or before or directly after the minus sign, if at all); will force a rounding up instead of down. This happens before a sign change is applies, that is, the absolute value will be rounded up. E.g. [^-HCL] halves the CL, rounded up, then makes it negative.
    One can also combine numbers with the letter tags like in [H3STR]; first the letter, then the number, as for the new d tag from above.
    This is what i wanted... its not everything i would have liked in terms of maths functions but i can now work thru it.

Hey folks,

Going with the old intro, 1st time poster, long time reader.

Thank all the TTRPG & Fantasy Grounds Gods for this Forum otherwise FG would be very cumbersome and you might as well stick with the old paper method running TTRPGs, at least in my opinion.

Anyway, I have two coding questions:

1. How does one code for doing half damage? I am trying to set up some coding for underwater combat and the tools I'm using right now don't allow a multiplication of .5.

2. How does one code for doing 1.5 damage? This is pretty straight forward in the standard character sheet but I can't get it to work in the NPC character sheet under the attacks.

Apologies if this has already been covered in another post. I still can't get the hang of the search function in these forum settings. If there is already a thread with this info, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would post the link.

Thank You!
    Last edited by Yanman007; March 22nd, 2024 at 13:34.

Spell book

I have the spell book and its great! Thank you.

The enlarge person spell is not working quite the way I want. It doesnt change the weapon damage dice. I've tried to recode it a couple times without sucess. Here is what I am writing....

Enlarge person;ESIZE:1, 2d8

So I am wanting one size increment change and the weapon they use changes from 1d8 to 2d8 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Nice! You do know about the spellbook extended mod i hope. Most spells have effects done. (No idea if that is in it)

But that feeling of using the provided effect programming to accomplish the automation is awesome. Its why i am enjoying doing the feat+ mod.
    I have the spell book and its great! Thank you.

The enlarge person spell is not working quite the way I want. It doesnt change the weapon damage dice. I've tried to recode it a couple times without sucess. Here is what I am writing....

Enlarge person;ESIZE:1, 2d8

So I am wanting one size increment change and the weapon they use changes from 1d8 to 2d8 I believe.

This is what I use for Enlarge Person:
    Code:
    Enlarge Person; SIZE: 1 size, melee; STR: 2 size; DEX: -2 size
    But you'll need the Size Changes extension to make it work.

Question on how to code Black Tentacles - https://2e.aonprd.com/Spells.aspx?ID=23

it is a Spell Attack roll vs. targets Fortitude DC.

In my install, it is coded as a Fortitude Saving throw vs. Spell Attack DC, which is close but the opposite of what we want. (want attacker to roll D20 + Spell Attack and compare to Targets Fortitude + 10, not have target roll D20 + Fortitude and compare to Spell Attack + 10)

Any way to code Spell Attack vs. Target Fortitude DC ?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin View Post
    Question on how to code Black Tentacles - https://2e.aonprd.com/Spells.aspx?ID=23

it is a Spell Attack roll vs. targets Fortitude DC.

In my install, it is coded as a Fortitude Saving throw vs. Spell Attack DC, which is close but the opposite of what we want. (want attacker to roll D20 + Spell Attack and compare to Targets Fortitude + 10, not have target roll D20 + Fortitude and compare to Spell Attack + 10)

Any way to code Spell Attack vs. Target Fortitude DC ?

Thanks in advance
    As far as I am aware, I don't know if that is possible in 1e. Then again, why are you using the PF2 version of the spell? The PF1 version of the spell would be a modified CMB attack.

Link to Black Tentacles - 1e
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Hey all, sorry for the disappearing act, Life kinda blew up as it does. all is good and I am around. I will keep adding to this once things settle down
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Hey all, sorry for the disappearing act, Life kinda blew up as it does. all is good and I am around. I will keep adding to this once things settle down
    I hope everything is okay

Thread Information