STAR TREK 2d20

*Paid* [D&D 5E] [Sunless Citadel] (Beginner Oriented)

I'm now adding Fridays as available

DM owns Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate license.
    Players need only the free version of FGU to play.

Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5E
    Adventure: The Sunless Citadel
    Adventure Level: 1-3
    $10 via Paypal per player per session.

Time Zone: Pacific, USA
    Day of week and time: Either Wed, Thurs or Friday, 6:30-9:30pm.
    Duration is estimated to be anywhere from 3-5 sessions
    Voice software used: Discord
    Number of Players Needed: 4-6

This is geared towards players new to D&D 5E and/or Fantasy Grounds Unity. Now that Phandelver has been expanded to twelve levels, the Sunless Citadel is the perfect introductory adventure. When you have completed this adventure you should have a good grasp of the rules of D&D 5E and the mechanics of Fantasy Grounds Unity priming you to join a long-term group. The length of play is very dependent on the players as some groups race through to get to the end and others are patient and try to experience everything. Since this is beginner oriented, this is not role-play heavy, and you should feel very free to ask for help during play. Experienced players are welcome, too, but expect pauses at times to cover rules or software mechanics.

I have most materials, and I can alter this, but I plan to keep character selection simple to just the PHB and Xanathar's.

I am in my 50s, I like an easy-going game, and I have been DMing on FGU for the past 3-years a group that I scuttled together on this very same forum and we've stuck together this entire time. I would like to run something a bit more simple and thus this posting. I would also like to help those who are newer and who may be daunted at the prospect of having to join a game where you have to dedicate a year or more of you time and instead offer something short to get your feet wet. However, it does take a DM time beyond actual play time to get things together and study the material before playtime and thus the meager fee to play. Plus, you can be assured the group is more motivated to play and be on time when they are paying at least a little bit.
    Last edited by Tooting Dog; October 13th, 2023 at 20:50.

Thread Information