DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Best introduction adventure on FG

Hi all just wondering what’s a good intro adventure on fantasy grounds?

And is Horror on the Orient Express the full campaign or just vol 1 as is on the cover?

Thanks for all help.

Quote Originally Posted by OB1Sean View Post
    Hi all just wondering what’s a good intro adventure on fantasy grounds?

And is Horror on the Orient Express the full campaign or just vol 1 as is on the cover?

Thanks for all help.
    HotOE is the full 7th edition version, I'm running it now and loving it. If your players are new, go for The Lightless Beacon as nice one-shot.

thank you ill have a look at The Lightless Beacon

"The Haunting" is also available and that's a traditional choice from the quickstart rules.

I will caution you, though, that the official FGU conversion lacks the pregenerated characters (intentionally; whoever converted left instructions that you should walk players through character creation), and that the maps do not support line of sight and dynamic lighting, so it benefits from more modern third-party assets with those baked in already. In particular, you don't want players to be able to see that there's something walled off in the basement...

There are also conversions of the scenario books "Doors to Darkness" and "Gateways to Terror" in the FGU store, with those collections meant to be quite runnable by relatively new Keepers.

@Nyarly Dude, do you have a suggestion for maps/assets for “The Haunting” adventure?
    Fantasy Grounds Unity on macOS Monterey (v12) with an Intel Mac

A quick Google and you’ll find loads, especially on Reddit. DriveThruRPG also has some maps and handouts.

Yes, "The Haunting" only has a basic map (pretty much the one that's always been available since 1981), but it all depends on how you're presenting the game. There's no right or wrong way - do what works for your group.

Personally, for CoC adventures I rarely use LoS and dynamic lighting - as I don't run investigator exploration as a crawl. I'll use the FG mask functionality to reveal a portion of the map as the investigators explore. I'm more of a theatre of the mind person for Call of Cthulhu games - give enough for the players to be able to understand their environment and then describe the rest; I'd be completely different for a d20 game (having lots of maps with LoS, lighting, animation, etc.) but I do things differently for CoC. See below for an example screenshot using the FG mask as the investigators begin to explore Corbitt's House...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information