5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Tokens can't see other tokens on the map with LOS turned on.

I created a new SFRPG test campaign. I added two NPCs to the CT and made them visible then I connected a player and added the PC to the CT. I added the all tokens to the FG Battlemap. I turned off lighting and all tokens could see the map but none of the tokens could see any of the other tokens. I turned LOS off and then the tokens could see each other. I also tried an existing campaign and had the same results.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Tokens need to be claimed and selected and have either a torch or dark vision to see other tokens on a given map with LoS turned on. Make sure light sources are on or active. Make sure that the CT entries are set to visible as they usually start off as invisible. Make sure to claim the player token and select for vision through the specific PC character.

https://youtu.be/jzPtHyq0XeU?si=OcBmxTPvtVFwMDI7
    Last edited by Laerun; September 25th, 2023 at 01:45.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I created a new SFRPG test campaign. I added two NPCs to the CT and made them visible then I connected a player and added the PC to the CT. I added the all tokens to the FG Battlemap. I turned off lighting and all tokens could see the map but none of the tokens could see any of the other tokens. I turned LOS off and then the tokens could see each other. I also tried an existing campaign and had the same results.
    I'm not able to reproduce this error using the steps outlines in the post. Are you running from the TEST channel or the LIVE channel? Could you provide your test campaign?

I am in the TEST channel using the Starfinder ruleset. I created a clean campaign and also reproduced the problem using an existing campaign that was automatically transferred from the LIVE channel to the test channel. The GM and Player are on the same computer using localhost connection.
    Here is the new clean campaign without ext and LOS OFF and LOS ON.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I am in the TEST channel using the Starfinder ruleset. I created a clean campaign and also reproduced the problem using an existing campaign that was automatically transferred from the LIVE channel to the test channel. The GM and Player are on the same computer using localhost connection.
    Here is the new clean campaign without ext and LOS OFF and LOS ON.
    Thanks for the images. Can you attach a zipped copy of this campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks for the images. Can you attach a zipped copy of this campaign?
    Here you go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting the campaign. I'm not able to reproduce the issue with this campaign either. Token visibility is behaving as expected when LOS is enabled. Can you compile your logs after loading the campaign? (Use the chat command /console and click the "Compile Logs" button in the console window.) Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Good news(?). Noticing that you are running a Mac, I fired up my very old Mac Mini and I am able to reproduce the error. I'll be taking a closer look at this, as it appears to be OS specific.

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Good news(?). Noticing that you are running a Mac, I fired up my very old Mac Mini and I am able to reproduce the error. I'll be taking a closer look at this, as it appears to be OS specific.
    Great! I'm glad I wasn't wasting your time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

The fix provided by @pindercarl has been pushed to the Test channel, if you want to update and make sure it's working for you.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information