FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFG: Player looking for DND5E or Cyberpunk Red game (Sunday PST prefered)

FG License: Standard Liscence
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday & Saturday (Prefered Days), Monday-Friday (Not Preferred but possible for now, 6-7PM)
    Time Zone: PST
    Term: Im looking for something longterm, though for Cyberpunk I am willing to learn through a Oneshot.
    Voice: I can voice chat over discord

Game System Preferred: DND 5E, Cyberpunk Red
    Game System Experience:
    -DND 5E:
    -I have much more experience with DND 5E. I was in a long term campaign but it petered out (A shame because it was a very cool an campaign, with how the DM wove our backstories into icewind dale)
    -Cyberpunk Red:
    -I have zero experience with Cyberpunk tabletop, I will confess I got into the universe through 2077 and I am very interested in giving it a try. I am willing to learn all the ropes. Though a Netrunner might not be a wize choice for a beginner, I do like a challenge and I am sure I can learn quickly with the right resources.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience:
    -I know how some of the basics work though I have no knowledge when it comes to DM opperations (I have never DMed before)
    Character Type Preferred:
    -For 5E, I generally play a spellcasting class, like Wizard, Warlock (Did that in icewind dale early on), and Sorcerer (probably my favorite class, I have been iching to try a story with abberant mind). For Cyberpunk Red, I don't have enough experience to say, but given that I like the idea of being a backliner who prioritizes devistating attacks and acts of area control, I think Netrunner is worth a shot (if there are better suggestions, I am willing to listen).
    About me:
    -Im a History major from the west coast, I am generallly the nervous sort (anxiety and such) but I will do my best to roleplay effectively and meet people where they are at. I generally prefer serious campaigns, while I don't mind humor (and have often joined in) I don't want to lose the emersion of a deep and engaging story. I will save more personal introduction for when I am in the campaign.
    Last edited by Reeman326; September 25th, 2023 at 04:03.

I would be willing to run a cyberpunk campaign on Saturdays, but we have got to find other players. I'm MST.
    Hella fun to GM.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

I would be interested in joining a cyberpunk game. I’m EST.

One more and you got a crew.

Netrunners are a lot easier then past editions. It's like a mini game in real time as everyone else blast around you. Red is after 2077, nuke dust is still in the air and wireless does not work as well as it use too.

Sorry for late response. I am interested in joining a Cyberpunk Red campaign you GM.

What time are you thinking for Saturday?

Saturday afternoon or night MST. I'm open on most Saturdays, so the start time anywhere from 4 to 7 MST. We can play it by ear each week or bi-week. We can all work it out on Session 0, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeman326 View Post
    Sorry for late response. I am interested in joining a Cyberpunk Red campaign you GM.
    Of course, mate! You started the thread, so got first pickings.

To answer any questions:
    My GM style is to adapt to try to adapt to the players as I can. Not fair to always ask PCs to adapt to me - let's worldbuild.
    I try to run modules, but players can go way off the lines and I just roll with it. Honestly, I like puzzle and exploration modes.

This also comes with a bit of a cost for the players: sometimes they may wander into a situation that would just be too powerful for them. Kind of like Skyrealm/Fallout or Neir. You make a wrong turn and suddenly find yourself in a situation that you are not ready for. Your choice to get out, re-prepare, and try again in another means or push through and risk a TPK.

Most important is "cognitive distance". Your characters know more about the world, setting, and job than we do. Suggestions are made on how a character in this world grew up. It is up to the player to act on that information, or you can even suggest information back to me so we can "yes, and...".

Things seem to be progressing well. Send a discord link when you are ready to begin the campagin Poe. Hopefully all comes together soon.

Yes, I'll get something together soon. If not by Saturday, please ping me again

Thread Information