DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Barbettes not accounting for damage correctly

"Barbettes, bay weapons and spinal mount weapons have damage multiples. After a hit is scored, roll damage, subtracting armour and other countermeasures from the total. Be sure to subtract AP from the armour before reducing damage. Multiply the remaining damage by the Damage Multiple for the final damage." - High Guard

So I've done some testing and the FGU implementation of barbette damage isn't accounting for the multiplier referenced above. I haven't tested anything other than barbettes yet. For reference:

Damage Multiples
    Weapon Type --- Damage Multiple*
    Barbette ------- 3
    Small Bay ------ 10
    Medium Bay --- 20
    Large Bay ------ 100
    Spinal Mounts -- 1,000
    *Damage multiples do not apply to missiles and torpedoes.

I didn't put this in the bugs thread because I'm not sure if it's a bug or just something not yet implemented. The way it should be implemented is: (Damage rolled - Armour) * Damage Multiplier

If this should be put in the bugs list I'll be glad to move it to that thread.

Thanks.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord: GravityBlade
    Time Zone: US Central (GMT -6)
    Running: Traveller (MgT2)

It's been brought up before about armour deduction and I couldn't find it implemented. If removal of the armour from the damage is needed, that might be why the multiplier wasn't factored. I will double check the code, but that would explain why the multiplier isn't being applied.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

So it's due to an order of operations issue?

Well I can do it manually but it gets rather messy as hitting a ship with armor has to be compensated for. Setting the damage manually ends up with the expression: (Damage rolled - Armour) * Damage Multiplier + Armour. That due to the target subtracting it's armour value automatically. It's a work around but messy. Would be nicer if the automation delt with it.

Thanks for looking into it.
    FGU Ultimate License

What I meant was that if the damage reduction from armour is needed for the equation to work, then it will need to be done manually if I can't find the code to support it. Damage reduction due to armour doesn't look implemented at this time. If that isn't essential, then it may be possible with some tinkering. I'm still getting my feet wet with the code and seeing what is there and isn't. If adding a new feature is a drawn out process I will need time to make that a reality once it filters up to the top of my project list.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Thank you for continuing to work on this rule set.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    What I meant was that if the damage reduction from armour is needed for the equation to work, then it will need to be done manually if I can't find the code to support it. Damage reduction due to armour doesn't look implemented at this time. If that isn't essential, then it may be possible with some tinkering. I'm still getting my feet wet with the code and seeing what is there and isn't. If adding a new feature is a drawn out process I will need time to make that a reality once it filters up to the top of my project list.
    Ah okay, I understand now. Actually armour reduction in starship combat is implemented. It does seem to be a bit wonkey (like sometime armour values for NPC ships don't carry over to the combat panel) but it does work.

Thanks again for taking a look at this.
    FGU Ultimate License

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I start poking at it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information