DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Soulbound Community ruleset

WASS Community ruleset (created on Xcore)

Available on the forge: here
    Disclaimer:
    this is an Unofficial, community-created ruleset containing no copyrighted content.
    the aim of this extension is to make the "Warhammer Age Of Sigmar: Soulbound" roleplaying game playable on Fantasy Grounds Unity
    this extension contains most of the rolls used to do skill tests/attacks/casts
    This "Ruleset" lays heavily on the Xcore ruleset, as of now, there is no new functionality other than what Xcore has to offer (skill issue on my side, but suggestions are welcome!)

What is contained in this extension?
    • Dice rolls for skills and combat with successes and fails
    • attributes and armor calculation (for attacks also!)
    • templates for creating a character, NPC, weapon, and a spell

Things to note:
    I'm not an expert on this ruleset's rules and mechanics for now, if a roll is fundamentally wrongly "coded" please let me know

Core rule mechanic that isnt available:
    the "Focus" mechanic of a skill isn't implemented, it will have to be monitored manually (couldn't find a way to implement that, guess it would need a standalone extension)

Future projects:
    recoloring the different frames (my skill is limited to basic GIMP interactions we'll see )

If you find any errors or have questions/suggestions or need help with something please let me know on this thread!

!!Praise Sigmar!!
    Last edited by Swissman65; September 21st, 2023 at 21:53.

Rejoignez la communauté Francophone de fantasy grounds sur Guilded! https://www.guilded.gg/i/k5aQxwDk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swissman65 View Post
    WASS Community ruleset (created on Xcore)

Core rule mechanic that isnt available:
    the "Focus" mechanic of a skill isn't implemented, it will have to be monitored manually (couldn't find a way to implement that, guess it would need a standalone extension)
    Please explain what you would like to achieve and Ill see if I can guide you...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Please explain what you would like to achieve and Ill see if I can guide you...
    Sure!

to summarise how a skill test works in this ruleset:

your attribute number + your training number in a skill sets your number of dice you can roll, you also have a focus number on the said skill (from 1-3),

let's say for the "Devotion" skill I have 1 training and 1 focus

the attribute used for the devotion skill is "Soul" let's say I have 4 in Soul

this will mean the number of dice rolled are 5d6, it's a success-based roll, using a target number (I managed to do that)

the focus mechanic goes after the dice roll and works like this: once you rolled your test with the target number let's say a target number of 4 (the expression is then 5d6s4) and you can choose to add a +1 (with one focus) to any die result to make it a success

so if I rolled like this: 2,3,4,6,1 the initial result of successes are 2, but if I use my focus I can change the 3 to a 4 thus it becomes 3 successes. that's where I'm not sure how to implement that...

(when the test is about attacking someone, in this ruleset the test is also the damage at the same time, in this case I simply added a second box on the roll where the total damage should be manually entered , for ex if focus is involved then easily manually calculated, to do the damage to the npc )
    Last edited by Swissman65; September 23rd, 2023 at 10:51.

Rejoignez la communauté Francophone de fantasy grounds sur Guilded! https://www.guilded.gg/i/k5aQxwDk

Blog Entries
    Ok you cant do that with any of the Inbuilt rolls.
    I would think adjudicating that manually is not going to slow you down.
    What you have set up there already looks great.

WASS Ruleset V1.1 is online!
    Strings Update!
    now most of the labels will be the same when creating from scratch new characters/NPCs

(don't forget to load the extension for it to work. "Unofficial Soulbound Ruleset v1.1")

Character Template:
    -> added the "Ranged" attribute (body+ballistic skill)
    -> added the "Armour" attribute and armour calculation
    -> renamed the stat "Armor" to "Armour"
    -> renamed the skill "Channeling" to "Channelling"
    -> added melee/ranges/defence ratings in the notes Tab
    -> Modified the "language" box to be used as a Wounds tracker
    ->modified the damage type of "example spell" to damagedr (since most spell don't ignore armor)

NPC Template:
    ->swapped the Mettle and Armor placement on the Example NPC (needed for the armor calculation when dmg is dealt)
    ->added the "Ranged" attribute (body+ballistic skill)

Watch out! the "Ranged" attribute in the character template has an unwanted space at the end! delete it (I'll update soon!)
    Last edited by Swissman65; September 25th, 2023 at 20:12.

Thread Information