STAR TREK 2d20

Need Help: Remapping Middle Mouse Click in FGU

Hello everyone,

I am new to FGU, and navigating the map with the middle mouse click is quite challenging for me. I would like to remap it to something like a right-click drag or holding Ctrl while dragging the mouse. I have searched the web and forums but couldn't find any useful information. Please note that I am not interested in alternatives or using the arrow box in the right corner; I simply want to know if it is possible to use another key instead of the middle mouse button. Has anyone else encountered this issue and found a solution?

Maybe this extension can help you:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/208/view
    A player of mine uses it because he plays on a laptop, occasionally without a mouse due to being on travels often. It adds some buttons at the top of the map that help with moving, zooming and more on a map, without using the middle mouse click.

I don't think that FGU supports remapping mouse buttons internally, plus right-click, Ctrl and Alt combinations are already used by FGU so you'd have to remap basically everything.
    Maybe some external software can be used to remap a key to perform as a middle mouse click, but that depends on which OS are you using. Are you on Windows, Mac or Linux?

Welcome to the forums.

No there's no key or mouse remapping available. The only other method of moving the map around is, as you say, using the gold movement box in the bottom right by holding the left mouse button over it and dragging to move and holding CTRL whilst doing the same to zoom.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You could look into an application to run on your computer that simulates the middle mouse button via key presses/macros. I only briefly looked into this, and haven't done it myself, but there appears to be a few applications out there that might help with this. Search the Internet for things like "keyboard to mouse mapping"
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Programmable mouses with extra buttons and programmable keyboards would work too.

Blog Entries
    I run a Logitech M705 mouse, it comes with a driver that allows you to reprogram all of the buttons. Not sure it allows you to map key strokes as MMB, but it does allow you to map any of the ~6 buttons as you desire. Note, the driver is for most Logitech mice, so you don't have to go with the M705. But also check out your current mouse and see if it has such a driver if desired.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I think the best solution for me is to find a program to remap mouse buttons outside of FGU. Thanks for the quick replies, everyone!

Thread Information