DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Third Party Module loading.

I bought a module from DM's guild that says it is a Fantasy Grounds module. When downloaded it created .mod files in my Downloads folder. I've tried adding them to the "Modules" folder of my FG files. I've tried adding them to the "Vault" folder. I've tried opening FG with them still in the Downloads. How do I get them to show up in the Modules Activation panel in FG? I'm on MacOS, if that matters.

Blog Entries
    Close FG, move the .mod file to the FG Data / modules folder*. Start FG, Load your campaign, Go to Modules > Activation and Load the module.

*this folder can be found from the FG Launch screen, folder icon in the top left corner, and then open the modules sub-folder.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah. Tried that. I can see the modules and their .mod file types right next to the other .mod files in the modules folder. But they do not appear on the activation screen in the program.

Blog Entries
    Hmm, can you show some screenshots? Is there a way to show file extensions and file size?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It might be that the module they built is either not a valid FG module; or it's for a different game system than the one you are trying to find it in. You probably need to check with the author on DM's guild to get more information.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Ah! Moon's right. Are you trying to load the module in a 5E campaign? I assume all modules on the DMsG are for 5E.

I figured it out. For some reason my file system moved aliases into the Modules folder instead of the "originals." I moved everything to the trash and then plucked the real files back out to load into the Modules folder and everything is good now. Thanks for the aid, all!

Blog Entries
    Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know!

Thread Information