DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Charcters sleeping no action possible after a time in FGU

Hi,

any idea why after the last update the chars are "sleeping" after atime- they can still be used by players but they canīt roll in the chat visible by all- after I as GM has started anew the campaign will function for a time, but after around 10 minutes not doing anything the chars canīt be used normally any more.

Thanks

Micael

I haven't seen that; and there's nothing in the client that is designed to time out.

I would guess that there is some limitation on the networking settings for GM and/or players that "closes" any "inactive" connections (i.e. no activity, other than keep alive packets). Maybe take a look through the settings on the GM Internet modem and/or router to see if there are any settings that would pro-actively close network connections for any reason.

Regards,
    JPG

I as the GM have not changed anything on my router setting for a long time- I am using port forwarding and LAN connection mostly. My last session 14 days ago (with 5ed and without update) had no problems.
    Now after updating everything until today, in FRPG extension and RMC the characters are sleeping after a time. It helps not, that a character is logging in anew- he cant access the campaign after that- only a relog of GM (me) helped.
    Had no problems with discord at the same time so no internet connections blackouts? Did you changed anything about LAN connecting FGU or code that could influence that?

Thanks
    Micael

The client hasn’t been updated since June, so nothing has changed on the network side.

JPG

Thread Information