DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

I must say that I'm frustrated with the new GUI/Theme of the ruleset.

The old Character sheets were very nice since they were pretty much like the paper versions. They were intuitive and straightforward to use. The new character sheets are horrible!! It is much harder to read and find things, to know where the checks are, and very counterintuitive. One example is the Disciplines and Powers separated by equipment. Also, there were oversimplifications (some very unnecessary), such as eliminating the blank dots in every skill. On the other hand, significant character information such as Clan, Generation, and Predator style were moved to the "N" tab (when they should be in the Main tab).

Besides the Character Sheets, changes in the dice, and how to apply modifiers worsened things. I don't know how to change the difficulty of the rolls now.

I hope that, in the future, the old theme and character sheets will be available for us.

On the other hand, there was a significant improvement in information accessibility. Finding some information, such as the Powers of each Discipline, was more complex in the old version. So, congrats on that.

Thanks for reporting about the separation of the disciplines and powers, will look into making them fit closer together.

Changing the difficulty is done in the difficulty box. You can click and type the number or click on one of the buttons for that specific difficulty.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Posting this from the other thread:

It broke a lot more than skills.

For my V5 Campaign I had manually entered into Fantasy Grounds Unity the Merits, Flaws, Backgrounds, Advantages, Powers, Disciplines, Clans, etc from ALL the Published Materials to date.

After this update I have lost:
    All my Merits
    All Powers not in Core, Camarilla, or the V5 Companion
    All Loresheets not in Core, Camarilla, or the V5 Companion
    All Rituals not in Core, Camarilla, or the V5 Companion
    All of the Chicago by Night/Chicago Folios/Let the Streets Run Red NPC Stats, Discipline Levels, and Blood Potency

So this update just obliterated over 100 hours worth of work.

Now I am trying to figure out how I am going to restore to an earlier version of the Executable AND an earlier version of my Chronicle (because the Update actually changes the campaign files) just to avoid having to re-enter EVERYTHING.

What exactly is broken with each of those records? The fields provided are only there to help with automation and don't relay information as when they are locked they are no longer visible. The description would contain all of the information for said record. If you can provide a copy of the campaign or module you created, I can have a look and see what happened.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Where can I privately send you my Campaign and Module? Because I have added all the published material into my campaign I do not feel comfortable putting it out there for everyone to use (copyright violations at that point).

As for what is broken, the data is GONE. There is nothing displayed in the Campaign for that data except the merits, which all show "New Advantage" with empty data fields.

You can create a link using an online drive (example, Google Drive) and pm through the main FG discord. I will be listed as one of the officers. (Dominic M.)
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I am not on the FG Discord. Can you PM me here an email address I can send a link to, or would you rather I PM you here a link to my campaign and module?

You can pm through here as well
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I looked through what you provided. I was able to see issues with the ruleset conversion for the module and were able to correct them. I will make it part of the next update. The campaign was unfortunately empty of any data and looked like a brand new campaign. If you have your data backed up to module, they should be able to import with the new code, but from what you gave me, not able to recover any lost campaign data.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information