FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: A Note on Sound

A Note on Sound

After learning that NPC and Image based sound links are not actual links to sound files but basically a filter I suggest the following for turning an NPC link into a TRUE sound playing link:

Whenever the GM drops an NPC into the combat tracker the chat should display a GM only note saying NPC blahblah has been added to the combat tracker. Then it would be simple to have an actual sound link, which is linked to the CHAT, fire. For those of you thinking that the sound would fire twelve times when you drop a dozen kobolds into the combat tracker you can easily use REGEX to have it only fire for the first one. Alternatively there could be a simple checkbox added to any sound button that allows it to be played more than once per minute. If that box isnt checked it would just play once and stop for sixty seconds.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to link to a sound file telling me to shut the hell up.....

The Context window automatically pops up a section of sounds for each NPC type added to the combat tracker. You can trigger the sound quickly with a click in the Sound Content window; especially since there are usually multiple sounds defined for NPCs.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information