5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The only challenge with that approach is that we have 10+ years worth of extensions that do not have tags, so enforcing a tag seems problematic. I'm basically doing the same thing with the naming filters. The question is whether to break that out, given that there is no good space on the launch screen without redesigning the whole thing for this capability. (Not sure the risk/reward ratio is there for that.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I've long thought a drop down with only "themes" would be a good way to go considering how many people accidently select more than one (myself included ).
    That's there now (see below). But, as mentioned in this thread, it relies on the naming convention being used to allow FG to filter correctly.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The only challenge with that approach is that we have 10+ years worth of extensions that do not have tags, so enforcing a tag seems problematic. I'm basically doing the same thing with the naming filters. The question is whether to break that out, given that there is no good space on the launch screen without redesigning the whole thing for this capability. (Not sure the risk/reward ratio is there for that.)

Regards,
    JPG
    I figured that it would mean the official content would have the appropriate tags and some of the more active extension devs and the rest would pile up in "general" and slowly be worked out of that as the user based prodded them into doing so. Seems a good migration path to me but I dont know long term issues for SW.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    Part of it is not only filtering/segregating by extension type, but also restricting or warning users when more than one theme is selected. Would be nice not to get the periodic reports of white-on-white etc due to multiple themes being selected, but not sure those are as prevalent now as they used to be.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's there now (see below). But, as mentioned in this thread, it relies on the naming convention being used to allow FG to filter correctly.

Yeah but I meant a Theme *only* single select drop down not a multi-select, two drop downs like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will say that I have two "themes" running at the same time so I would not like radio buttons. However the one is a special extension theme that only changes the DM icon in chat to a custom one.

I suppose that could be changed out of the Theme category into a different one.

Also if turning things into radio buttons, do NOT do that to Fonts please. I have four or six Font extensions running currently. A general one off the list to use if different than the Theme font, plus all the various other language fonts that work as part of the Language drop down.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Yeah, that's a consideration as well. I've already come across a few extensions which have a "Base" theme; and "Modifier" themes. Those extensions don't fit into the one theme rules them all approach.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Yeah but I meant a Theme *only* single select drop down not a multi-select, two drop downs like this:
    I'm confused and don't know what that represents or how it would work?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yeah, that's a consideration as well. I've already come across a few extensions which have a "Base" theme; and "Modifier" themes. Those extensions don't fit into the one theme rules them all approach.

Regards,
    JPG
    I would imagine a solution would be a warning. i.e. that if filtered for themes and more than one was selected there would be some type of warning message. "You have more than one theme selected, this may result in undesirable graphics, insure all theme extensions are designed to work together."

Actually, maybe that could be done today in the chat following startup? Something big and bold after all extensions are loaded. Seems that would be much easier to implement in CoreRPG than to modify the launcher.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm confused and don't know what that represents or how it would work?
    Sorry I was in a hurry and just uploaded the mock up as an attachment, you can look above but I was thinking about one drop down just for themes and nothing else where you could only select one theme, and the mult-radio button for the rest.

I wasn't aware that some themes apparently have a base theme then an additional theme.

Thread Information