FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Thread: Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Ah the greatest crowdfunder at all Star Citizen raised hundreds of millions and is still in Alpha after, 8+ years......
    Ugh the pain star citizen brought me and my brother that were so excited for it when we learned of the project a decade or so ago. We were both huge wing commander fans. Years back o even spent $75 on one of the packages (I got a refund btw) . So disappointed in Chris roberts with that game it feels so “scammy” now. My brother and I have both sort of blacklisted that game from our conversations even years ago. So yeah crowd funding is one of those blessings and a curse kind of things for enthusiasts of whatever the project is they are backing. Choose wisely what you support but also for your hopes not getting dashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytherus View Post
    Ugh the pain star citizen brought me and my brother that were so excited for it when we learned of the project a decade or so ago. We were both huge wing commander fans. Years back o even spent $75 on one of the packages (I got a refund btw) . So disappointed in Chris roberts with that game it feels so “scammy” now. My brother and I have both sort of blacklisted that game from our conversations even years ago. So yeah crowd funding is one of those blessings and a curse kind of things for enthusiasts of whatever the project is they are backing. Choose wisely what you support but also for your hopes not getting dashed.
    I still have my "package" but not logged in their website for 5+ years. Total scam.

Elite Dangerous is better and the £100 kickstarter got me free updates forever too.

Back to FGU, I just upped my backing to the Ultimate Licence version and I will gift the licence to a friend or maybe as a giveaway on my stream.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Ah the greatest crowdfunder at all Star Citizen raised hundreds of millions and is still in Alpha after, 8+ years......
    Hundreds of millions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muagen View Post
    Kickstarter only shows about $2m
    The page you linked to suggests people are still contributing over $1m/week (via other channels) even after 8 or 9 years!

IIRC, they started using their own crowdfunding to support "development"

and it is still in Alpha...

Thread Information